Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

and you posted that here because.......?
    If you have a problem with a post - please use the Report Post function.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Chicken cooked in coke a cola, selection of green veg and lovely homemade bread that a neighbour dropped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Goan curry, so easy to make and only a few ingredients... Always delish!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had slow cooked lamb stew with mash - it was yummy!

t62hzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night dinner was braised lentils with kale and smoked sausage.

Also made the pie filling for rabbit pies following the Rick Stein recipe from the Food Heroes cookbook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Garlic and Ginger Warm Chicken Salad. Everything (except the chicken) grown in my mums garden!
    1385724_10153299421800333_301597460_n.jpg?oh=e2643e6b84e2dc7fdb2eda79889bdb52&oe=52562223

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

That looks gorgeous and I've had a dose of Gandhi's Revenge since Sunday and haven't eaten since Saturday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Bean Chili, with extra jalapenos. That's something that should tell you when you go out into the world as a wide-eyed snapper in search of 'the one'. If they like less heat than you in food you'll always be the loser in the chili-wars. :(

bf754d9f-ea50-4323-acc8-9d908f5337a8_zps77dd3988.jpg

This could tie in with the Which own brand/budget products are good? topic.

Not my own cooking but Lidl ready meal, chicken with black bean sauce and rice. €1.99. :D

DSC02660_zps158bb149.jpg

Lidl chicken Korma with Pilau rice, again €1.99. :D

DSC02666_zps91070483.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

This could tie in with the Which own brand/budget products are good? topic.

Not my own cooking but Lidl ready meal, chicken with black bean sauce and rice. €1.99. :D

Lidl chicken Korma with Pilau rice, again €1.99. :D

I am lovin' the plates. Just like my granny used to have! :cool:

• Advertisement

Tanks... Dey've been in the family since Hitler invaded Poland. Staffordshire's finest. :D

P.S. My maternal granny was an O' Neill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pan fried free range pork chop with sage and garlic dressing.
    Slaw of white beetroot, Jerusalem artichoke, carrot, apple and ginger.
    Grilled tomatoes.

beetrot, artichoke, garlic, sage and tomatoes all from the garden, apple from folks garden.

5KMuhV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

if i win the lotto will you be my personal chef? your food always looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Homemade leek & potato soup for me. Have a dodgy tummy, so that's probably all I'll be having for the rest of the week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I went out to dinner with a friend. First we had tempura prawns, then chicken stir fry and cheesecakse for dessert. All washed down with a glass of red wine.

I was a very good value early bird menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we are having shoulder lamb chops, some salad and boiled new potatoes.

The chops are currently marinading in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and a tiny sprinkle of paprika. Going to fry them in the oil they've been marinading in too. Should be nice.

Last night we had tandoori chicken. I took a side dish from the freezer believing it was aubergine curry. Sadly it was ratatouille. But the addition of spome mild curry powder and a good pinch of fennel pollen ant it was a very goo aubergine curry:D. Pile of fluffy basmati rice finished the meal.

Note to self: Must label freezer bags

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Roasted chicken fillets in a tomato & basil sauce, with pan-fried gnocchi :)

826bf0a9-c521-41f0-8068-204e998015c2.jpg

Tonight we had corned beef brisket, kale, buttery mash and parsley sauce. Brined the beef myself from a Tom Kerridge recipe. I didn't have any salt petre so it wasn't pink, but it had a good flavour and wasn't too salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Tonight I made a ratatouille (grew the aubergines myself!) and had it with a pork chop on the bone with potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

2helop4.jpg

Beef and Guinness stew with some fancy (for me) puff pastry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Creamy salmon spinach and potato bake. Gorgeous in the colder weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Minced beef with mint,ginger and peas in a hot water crust pastry(seasoned with tumeric and cayenne) with some runner beans on the side, pastie recipe is one of rachel allens.
    Really nice, had to go for a second :pac:

(slightly falling apart) Butter bean, ham, spring onion and parsley patties.
    Last night's slaw.
    A few french beans.
    A bit of parsley sauce.

5NJapK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Ham and sweet potato hash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Dinner tonight was smoked bacon and chicken with penne in a cream and white wine sauce.

I got a large piece of smoked bacon in Dunnes and cut a piece off it and then cut it into small chunks, I cut three chicken pieces into small chunks and pan fried them until they were almost cooked, I then added about 300ml of chicken stock, then about a cup of white wine and when it was all cooked I added a drop of cream and heated through for a minute.

Spoon the meat/sauce over the penne and serve.

It was lovely, but the sauce was quite thin/runny and not as thick as I'd like, so the next time I would reduce the amount of liquid and make a thicker sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night I made garlic soy roast chicken + roast potatoes + roast carrots + peas.
    Think I've posted something similar before so I didn't bother with photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I made this last night: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1702/cold-weather-hotpot

Forgot to take a pic but will have more tonight.

The potatoes went to mush by the time the carrots cooked, I'd cut the carrots a lot smaller or add the potatoes later next time.

Go mad with the Worcester Sauce, a "generous splash" doesn't really cut it flavour-wise.

It's a very easy recipe and a lot quicker than my usual beef stew, really warming for a cold day.

Chinese Pork mince hotpot:
    Pork mince, aubergine, green pepper, spring onions, onion, tofu, Chinese sausage, preserved black beans, ginger, garlic, chillies, rice wine, stock, soysauce, sesame oil,cornflour.
    Served with white Thai rice.
    Much, much nicer than it looks.

5jRvQg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Much, much nicer than it looks.

Impossible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement