Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

We had Frikerdeller (Danish pork meatballs) with carrots and baby potatoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We had Frikerdeller (Danish pork meatballs) with carrots and baby potatoes.
    Have you tried the frikadellen in Lidl? Not half bad at all compared to the ones I used to eat in Germany.

BOT - Mrs Billy served up a fantastic chilli con carne & the most perfect rice I have ever had last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Pork fillets marinaded in garlic, rosemary and fennel, fried on a griddle. Boiled baby potatoes and carrots covered in olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped rosemary. Pork placed on a bed of slow-roasted red cabbage, apple and red wine. Slurped back with some O'Hara's stout. One of the simpler things I do these days. Cooking's become a rediculous and unhealthy obsession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

A kebab and numerous glasses of white wine. I'm a little tipsy right now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tuna, sweetcorn, garlic, mayo, pasta. Simple and delish!

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Have you tried the frikadellen in Lidl? Not half bad at all compared to the ones I used to eat in Germany.

I have, they do taste good, but I think are a little heavy on the onion (which can repeat on both me and my other half something dreadful.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Tomato and bread soup (Italian zuppa di pappa al pomodoro) with a lot of basil (I have about ten basil plants at the moment, having trouble keeping up with them, what a good problem!). Then aubergines stuffed with aubergine, goat's cheese, herbs, egg and more herbs, with a salad.

Sausages, fried potatoes and mushrooms for dinner tonight. Very tasty but not very healthy.

Very tasty but not very healthy.
    As was my gallon of Guinness followed by a kebab. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

The other night: Guinness stew. It was OK.

Last night: shallow-fried poussins. Two poussins chopped in half with a cleaver, marinaded in sunflower oil, 2 onions and lemon slices for 2 hours. Covered in flour and breadcrumbs and shallow-fried in a cast-iron wide-flat casserole. Served with yummy vegetables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Chicken breast marinaded in cajun spices, a bap (no jokes) and some salad. a posh chicken burger if you will.......

Stirploin steaks cooked to perfection (if I do say so myself) served with a mix of potato and sweet potato oven chips, green beans and mushrooms, all with a lot of garlic mixed through.

Homemade vindaloo with all the trimmings on Saturday.
    Buffalo wings in Blue Café Bar on Skerries Harbour for lunch, then crusty rolls with crispy streaky bacon, melted cheese & Tabasco for tea last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I made a roast chicken last night. We had friends over and it took twice as long to cook as it was supposed to. Also the roast potatoes were an epic fail and I had to mash them.

/dreams of one day not renting and being able to cook in a proper oven

Had the leftovers tonight. It's freezing in Wellington (North of Country is snowed out) so not a good night for cooking. Going to eat the rest of the dessert I made last night (self-saucing plum pudding) to keep warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

We had a big family party yesterday for my son's first birthday. For nibbles we had baba ganoush and homous with warm pitta breads. I also made some chicory leaves filled with beetroot, orange and hazelnuts on a dollop of creme-fraiche.

We had roast chicken with lemongrass, thai green chicken curry, gado gado salad with peanut sauce, chicken satay skewers, roast duck noodles with pickled plums, pad thai noodles, prawn crackers. There was bolognaise and pasta and a lamb stew with broad beans for the kids.

A variety of birthday cakes topped it off.

Bulgur and split pea pilaf, with yogurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

Some smoked salmon, fried mushrooms with oregano and black pepper, and grean beans boiled with some spinach and prawns.

Took 10 minutes and was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Fillet Steak with rattatouie and baked potatoes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Roast chicken with baked garlic potatoes, broccoli, swedes and loads of gravy...mmmm. I like roast chicken, before yesterday I haven't had it in ages!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Porterhouse steaks with home made chips and salad.

• Advertisement

Grilled pork chops, new potatoes from Kilmore Quay & a beetroot, feta & rocket salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Had to use up the leftovers from the party on Sunday, so we had a Thai chicken salad with some lettuce from the garden, and I made a noodle dish with some of the lemongrass chicken, veggies and a couple of spoons of chilli bean paste. Lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast chichen with garlic, lemon and rosemary - with roasted baby potatoes and a baked onion.

Swiss chard, onion and tomato tart with Rush new potatoes. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Beer can chicken :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Chargrilled shark, prawn and vegetable skewers in a homemade chilli and lime marinade with some homemade oven chips...i love barbeque!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Lamb Cutlets with baby potatoes and corn on the cob with carrotts and brocoli...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Lemon butter rotini with chicken pieces. Mmmm...zesty.

Chilli, lime & coriander prawns with noodles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Beef stew.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement