Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Options
1323324325326327329»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Had got a half leg of lamb for the Sunday roast but as half the family were away and only back latest last night I cut it into thick steaks, froze most and then griddled my own after marinating in lemon juice, balsamic and evoo (usual salt and pepper too).

Served with garlic potatoes and the 'trending' peas! Boiled mine till just done and then tossed them briefly in a touch of herbs and a little lemon juice

Very nice indeed (so I had to share with some who had eaten earlier and were 'ok':rolleyes:)

Had a French Shiraz from O'Briens with it which was very nice but I cant for the life of me remember its name (maybe related to too much of said wine!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wow, that Witch looks fantastic.

They were really good.
    Don't think I've had white sole or "witches" before but I will again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They were really good.
    Don't think I've had white sole or "witches" before but I will again.

Only had it once myself and had never heard of it and have to say it was very very good, and a lot cheaper than Lemon Sole according to my fishmonger, pity more don't stock it.

Ms Flitworth - sorry about the pic quoting !:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ms Flitworth - sorry about the pic quoting !:o

Not at all! Accidentally do it myself *all* the time :)

Dinner tonight was leftover vindaloo with leftover peas added and sole goujons. Lazy.

bd0854a5-7610-4081-aabb-42d1df64d94f_zpsa6c94fe5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Pork chipolatas, Burnt BBQ beans and potato salad.

284860.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Loire wrote: »
    Hi Faith,

I find the steaks in Aldi to be better than in Lidl, but in both cases I usually marinade in red wine and garlic for a few hours beforehand. (I keep any wine left-overs in a special bottle for this)

Loire.

Yeah, Aldi steaks are better. It was a whim though, and we were in Lidl at the time so just bought them.

Also, I don't know what you mean by 'leftover wine'. In my house, if you open the bottle, you finish the bottle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

edit; checked my comedy reference and I am so very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Prawn thai green curry last night, not enough spice though unfortunately

A7BA6B52-8F53-41C1-9D3C-AA76DAA273BF_zpskhdnrtc6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had friends around on Sunday for a celebratory long lunch but I forgot to take pics.

Jerusalem artichoke soup with a pan fried scallop.
    2007 Alsace Riesling

McCarthy's black pudding, pan fried monkfish, beetroot slaw with ginger and stuff, strange black sauce.
    2005 Cote de Beaune

Roast stuffed turkey leg (bread and herb stuffing); duck fat roast potatoes; roast carrots, parsnips and garlic; green beans; salsa verde.
    2000 Rioja Reserva Especial

Greek style yoghurt, rhubarb and ginger jam, ginger biscuits.

Lots of beers.:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,848 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Your long lunches sound the business. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Pork fried noodles today

PorkNoodles_zps2e482666.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Farewell, old friend...

10645154-3d-rendering-of-an-egg-with-a-painted-sad-face-wearing-a-chef-s-toque.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement