Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Slow roast belly pork with tons of crackling, baked potatoes and braised cabbage.

That sounds sinful :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

nerdysal wrote: »
    That sounds sinful :D

It was both sinful and heavenly :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Teriyaki chicken with sesame noodles and mangetout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tonight we're having a mince pie with lots of veg in it and potatoes and salad.

It's quite hot here today and that's more of a wintery meal but I just really felt like a pie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night was chicken savoyarde and cauliflower polenta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Jool's Favourite Beef Stew from "Jamie's Dinners". Seriously wintery goodness!

More roast chicken this evening. With roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and red peppers and some heaty-up in the oven baguettes.

I had gammon steak with cheese melted on top, carrots, peas, cauliflower and mashed potato and black pudding (the nicest combo ever!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I had a salmon & pasta bake - which was full of cream:eek: but god it tasted damn good...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I made Spaggeti and Meat Balls. For the meatballs I sweated off half an onion and some garlic on the pan, then added it cold to a bowl of mince beef with a beaten egg, some parsley and thyme and rolled it into about 25 little balls. Browned them on the pan and then added them to the sauce (Jar of Roma Bolognese) and served it with spaggeti... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Minder wrote: »
    Last night was chicken savoyarde and cauliflower polenta.

I finally made this on Saturday night, was really tasty, had it with baby potatoes, spinach and green beans.

Starter was homemade tomato soup with a dollop of creme fraiche and some chives with homemade parmesan and sundried tomato bread. Delicious and kinda healthy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm having carrot and parsnip soup with hot scones and rolls just out of the oven. The rest of my family are having stew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Mine's gonna be either grilled tofu in a garlic and red-wine vinegar marinade with fried onions, mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes, or a big bowl of porridge with peanut butter and banana mixed in, depending how hungry I am when I get home :)

Pasta with shrimps, peas, chilli and garlic. Fast and cheap, but really tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Big free range chicken, jointed (first time I'd ever done that and it was surprisingly easy) and roasted with lemon and garlic, big handful of basil and some and glass of white wine added in at the end and bubbled down to a thin tasty sauce. (Nigel Slaters idea :) ) was very tasty indeed and smelled divine cooking. Followed by the remains of a box of Luxemburgerli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I made this:

http://alsrecipereviews.blogspot.com/2008/02/tuna-stir-fry-with-coconut-thai-sauce.html

Just used what ever veg was in my fridge, along with 2 Aldi Tuna Steaks. It was delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

We had honey-roast gammon, with roasted carrots, parsnips and baby potatoes, and steamed tender-stem broccoli, with gravy.

I've only recently discovered the humble parsnip. It's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had a chicken, wrapped with bacon and roasted, and home-made potato wedges, with a dipping sauce made of natural yoghurt, light mayo, garlic, lemon and black pepper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Quails from Lidl seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper & balsamic vinegar & roasted.
    Served with herby cous cous, & sun-blushed tomatoes & red peppers sauteed with cinnamon & cumin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Are the Lidl quail frozen or fresh? Worth trying?

I also had roast chicken (herb&butter basted, white wine added towards end as previous poster!) with roast veg - its that time of year!

re. Parsnips, glaze them with a little honey for a really sweet flavoursome experience.

• Advertisement

Last night we had pizza. In a minute I will get up and do some sort of salmon with a couscous coating thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

last night we had chicken stir fry, tonight its the cold old rasher grilled till really crispy and then put into brown rolls:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tonight we had home made pizzas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Last night I had copious glasses of wine for dinner and nothing else.

It was not a good idea :(

We tried out another new recipe last night... absolutely feckin' gorgeous!!! It was beef in guinness casserole with cabbage and mashed potato! It was so tasty! And full of iron too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Last night I did Ramseys Steak Diane from his cookalong on Friday, not too bad at all (nice Oz Cab Sav assisted!)

Tonight was - you guessed it! - roast free range chicken (reduced in Superquinn) stuffed with a lemon and roast spuds.

Have the italien beef stew from last weeks Irish Times mag in the oven at the moment for tomorrows feeding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Quails from Lidl seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper & balsamic vinegar & roasted.
    Served with herby cous cous, & sun-blushed tomatoes & red peppers sauteed with cinnamon & cumin.

How did these go for you HB? Was there enough in one for a mountain man like yourself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Last nigght I had chippy chips and a quarter pounder with an onion ring inserted.

Im off the fags so its allowed!

Roast rib of beef, carrot and parsnip mash, sprouts, cauliflower and mash. With gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Roast stuffed pork with roasted veg and heaps of mash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement