Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we had an inedible takeaway from Lemongrass. Disgusting.

Tonight we are having chorizo and bean casserole with a fresh-baked loaf. (Oh but to be able to bake good bread myself - it's one of those part-baked fellows.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭shaner

Bacon, potatoe and onion pie with steamed carrots / mange tout for dinner yesterday. Probably something classy like instant noodles this evening if I don't get to the shops.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Had the remains of the green curry last night. Have a pork fillet in the fridge at the moment, will probably do a vietnamese claypot pork with it tonight and serve with rice and then stir fry the remains of the veggies in the fridge with some chili bean sauce on the side.

That's presuming we feel like eating at all, since it's heralded to be over 35 degrees today. Might just want to lie on the floor under the bed with a glass of ice water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

We had bangers and mash with onion gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Had crab cakes tonight, from M&S, with roasted root vegetables. The crab cakes were just awful. Not a great week for food in our house.

Tomorrow a fool-proof staple: spag bol.

• Advertisement

Need to go to the shop this afternoon. It was 36 degrees yesterday afternoon, so didn't do any cooking. Dinner at 7.30pm was tuna melt sandwiches (I've finally found a fab use for the George Foreman Grill!) with beans on toast. Carbtastic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Home made chicken bhuna with rice - and very good it was too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Tonight we had chicken breasts cut up, fried and served with homemade tomato sauce and some tagliatelle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Last night we went to an outdoor concert so my dinner consisted of various breads, cheese, dips and wine. It was fabulous!

Tonight, I'll be making some kind of chicken salad with corn and chickpeas. I'll throw something together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

last night we had chicken Korma
    Tonight it was a rotten weightwatchers meal Ick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Home made burgers with mashed spuds & fried scallion & tomato gravy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had chicken stew that had been simmering in the slow cooker for most of the day :)

Claypot pork with rice and peas with cumin seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i had

pasta in a creamy cheas sauce....with lardon's oak musrooms grilled, and the lidil's finist dry pasta which is beautifull .....

and tonight Il have chillie concarnie :D extra spicey....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Spicy chicken with noodles & stir fried veg last night.

Chicken soup made from the roasted carcass for lunch today.

Grilled Lamb gigot chops with spuds & mashed carrot & turnip tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I had honey and thyme Sausages and Mash with an red onion gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Tonight I had chicken in creamy orange sauce with Basmati rice and green salad. Need advise though, first time using recipe, the sauce needs a bit of oommph some kind of spice. The sauce is orange juice, brandy (which needs to replaced with orange liquor I think), scallions, then low fat greek yogurt with cornflour to thicken it. Any suggestions, what goes well with orange??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Just had striploin steak with oven chips and al dente broc.

Last night the good lady did chicken tarragon which was very nice

last night we had kentucky fried chicken (yuk, its been years since I had it and I was very disappointed:mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I had KFC a while back on the way somewhere (it was the only choice) and it really was vile. I really dont know how its so popular.

Last night we had chicken marinated in lemon olive oil and barbeque seasoning with varioius vegetables all cooked on the barbeque.

Tonight were getting Malaysian and Im going for some mee goreng. mmm!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had chicken curry :)

We had long ray grilled with spinach mash and steamed veg - too healthy for a friday nite:D, takeaway tonight for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im having an anti pasti tonight well a large one artichoke hearts, olives sunkissed toms and lots of different hams pepronis chorizo, parma and some stinky blue chease and red oiion marmelade :D.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Frozen pizza and, from scratch, a Tarte Tatin. A dry run for a dinner thing tomorrow night, where I'll also be cooking Coq au Vin.

Discovered that Khobz - arabic unleavened flat breads - make the best thin crust pizza bases. Decorate as desired with toppings, put under a high grill, as far from the grill as your oven shelves will allow. Grill until cheese melts. If so inclined, throw a handful of fresh rocket over the finished product, cut into wedges, and roll the wedges up into rolls before stuffing in mouth. Dinner in less than 15 minutes, and they're smashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I had two beautiful fillets of Sea Bream last night.

Did it in Greasproof in oven for 15 mins, at 200c.

Salt n Peppered, olive oil, between two fillets some cherry tomatoes, and finally added some Lemon Juice.

Was beautiful.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Last night I roasted us 2 quail each and we had them with roasted sweet red peppers and roasted portobello mushrooms.

I love little birds that I can pick apart with my fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

last night i had home made Kebabs and chipper chips:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

last night a chicken curry pie and a chicken chorizo and parmesan bake tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How do you make that bake MJOR?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement