Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

pizza with mozerella and parma ham onvine baby toms :D... and a big jug of rihbeana:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Went to a friend's house for dinner last night and she made a very clever dish out of filo pastry. She made a mixture of fried onions, garlic, spinach, chicken pieces, prawns and cream cheese and baked it wrapped in the filo. It was really yummy and one I'll definitely try myself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Had lamb cutlets in cumin, sweet paprika and salt with steamed rice and a chick pea side dish involving lemon, salt, chopped chili and fresh coriander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Beef Stir Fry and it was yumeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Nasi-goreng and a chilli chicken noodle dish that I cobbled together. Also had braised pak choi on the side with a teriyaki type sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

janeybabe wrote: »
    How do you make that bake MJOR?

its easy janey! fry some garlic ,shallots , mushrooms and chicken fillets in a little olive oil until the chicken is nearly cooked.. Meanwhile cube some potatoes and boil them for 10 mins.

Add a carton of cream to the chicken and stir in for five mins. pour chicken and potatoes into an oven proof dish, add chorizo and grate parmesan over. Put in the oven for a half hour on a medium heat! delish!!

i made jamies spag bol tonight!! very nice and plenty for tomorrow too!!

Does anyone have any good lunch ideas if i eat anthor slice of brown bread i'll scream!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

MJOR wrote: »
    its easy janey! fry some garlic ,shallots , mushrooms and chicken fillets in a little olive oil until the chicken is nearly cooked.. Meanwhile cube some potatoes and boil them for 10 mins.

Add a carton of cream to the chicken and stir in for five mins. pour chicken and potatoes into an oven proof dish, add chorizo and grate parmesan over. Put in the oven for a half hour on a medium heat! delish!!

Comfort food ftw. Thanks.

Oh, as for lunch, my new thing is toasted bagels with cream cheese and rashers. If I'm at work then I just bring cold rashers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lentil

I had carrot, coriander and red chilli soup for my dins. Recession buster 2.0!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

We had baked rainbow trout this evening with tomatoes roasted in balsamic vinegar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

That must have been the best trout we've ever had. Yum.

Last night we had chicken casserole, which is also lunch for today and tomorrow.

Tonight we had roasted wild mallard with spinach. It was so nicely flavoured, I've not had wild duck in ages and had forgotten just how good it tastes.

a battered sausage lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Tonight was southern fried chicken with mash potatoes and corn (very american altogether)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭georgem25

Tonight I had chicken and beef stir-fry with noodles

Last night was fish and chips from our local takeaway, which was surprisingly good. The fish was fresh, dipped into a store-made batter and fried golden. The chips were the stodgy goodness of chipper chips - crying out to be made into a chip butty with two slices of achingly white bread and a bottle of vinegar.

Certainly not a healthy meal, but a lot better than I thought - the chip shop opened about a year ago and its opening few weeks were totally rubbish - bad service, bad attitude, disorganised counter staff, you'd place an order with a lost-looking 14 year old and end up waiting 40 minutes for it to discover it'd been sitting on the hotplate for collection for 30 minutes but the 14-year-old couldn't remember your order number.

They've had an overhaul, and now do pretty decent fish and chips.

Tonight we had pieces of chicken with tagliatelle and homemade tomato sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Tonight was a starter of lamb's leaf lettuce with bacon, croutons and boiled egg, followed by chicken and red pepper in a sauce of white wine, cream and wild garlic pesto, served with fettucine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Last night was fish and chips from our local takeaway, which was surprisingly good. The fish was fresh, dipped into a store-made batter and fried golden. The chips were the stodgy goodness of chipper chips - crying out to be made into a chip butty with two slices of achingly white bread and a bottle of vinegar.

How many calories in that do you reckon? 1500+ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Grilled wild Atlantic salmon with noodles, stir fried peppers & scallions in a ginger, garlic, chilli & teryaki sauce.

• Advertisement

cozmik wrote: »

Probably the same amount of calories in any serving of fish and chips from a chipper. Why do you ask?

tonight we had beef strogonof with crusty white bread, followed by lemon cheesecake.. Big walk tommorow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Chinese roast duck with pancakes, cucumber and spring onions and hoisin sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Probably the same amount of calories in any serving of fish and chips from a chipper. Why do you ask?

geez nevermind :rolleyes:

cozmik wrote: »

lots n lots:pac:

Again, so what?

Do you guys really go through your lives totally avoiding a particular food, totally completely and utterly, in case it's got more calories than a salad?

Last night's dinner was calamari with oven wedges and a green salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Again, so what?

Do you guys really go through your lives totally avoiding a particular food, totally completely and utterly, in case it's got more calories than a salad?

Last night's dinner was calamari with oven wedges and a green salad.

Can I ask you what spices/flavouring you put on your oven wedges? I have been using a wedge mix put actually looking at the ingredients the other day has put me off! I think it'd be better to use my own. Any suggestions?

Tonight we had pasta with chilli, garlic and olive oil.

I had a big party at our house last night that was meant to be like a kids party, so I basically just ate rice krispie buns and cake. It brought me right back!

Definitely not, I eat what I like in moderation.. I think the more people obsess about certain foods the more they crave them..

Last night we had lamb tikka masala with pilau rice and poppadoms

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd hate to have to feel guilty over food - I eat what I like too.

Last night we had Dominos pizza with sausage and mushroom :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Last night, I had steak, pepper sauce, balsamic fried onions and spicy potato wedges. This evening, I had an attempt at Wagamamma's chicken kare lomen. Wasn't too successful though. Need to think about it some more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement