Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Planet X wrote: »
    Ah...I see. I thought that it was the cooked version in the first photo. It looks amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Pea, Ham & Potato soup!
    1 litre of chicken/veg stock, 2 potatoes, 2 cups of peas
    bring to boil & turn down heat, cook 10mins
    put in blender, add cream, salt and pepper and ham
    return to boil and serve - easy and yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Tofu sausages+fried eggs. mmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Last night was "fackelspiess" (like kebab meat wrapped around a skewer), "kummiwurst" (cumin-flavoured cervelas-style Swiss sausage) and grill-cheese off the grill, accompanied by tabouleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Lamp chops, potatoes, peas and carrots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

A very quick dinner of linguine with tuna, garlic and parsley dressed with an emulsion of lemon juice and olive oil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken maryland, mash, diced turnip and carrot, and gravy :)

Chicken strips (at least they tasted like chicken) recovered after a trek to the back of the freezer. Peas and leftover colcannon. Nothing exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

Chicken maryland, mash, diced turnip and carrot, and gravy :)

wow chicken maryland did you do the pineapple and banana fritters:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Miss No Name

Aubergine, broccoli and portobello (all Lidls finest) mushrooms in tomato sauce (red wine, chilli, garlic, onion) and pasta. Made it two nights ago, had it for dinner, lunch yesterday and might chance it for lunch today. The mushrooms are fab in it - really juicy and meaty. Had no mozzarella cheese left but a ball of that melted into it would have been divine. *drools*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

rocknchef wrote: »
    wow chicken maryland did you do the pineapple and banana fritters:eek:

No, I'm not living with one foot in the 80's ;).
    Maybe I should have said 'part-boned chicken breast in breadcrumbs' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

had people over for drinks and nibbles. raided the cheese and charcuterie counters of the supermarket and then matched it pound for pound with alcohol.

Last night, I cooked a hybrid of two of Mrs. Bonkey's recipes. It was her idea, but seeing as she was busy with Bonkey Jnr. I had kitchen duty.

Fried off some lamb mince, with some crushed garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne. Added toasted pine-nuts and a diced tomato, then a sprinkle of flour and a splash of white wine.

Fried off some onion, courgette, carrot and chickpeas with some diced garlic, cumin, harissa, and tomato paste, then added some water to make a thin sauce.

Took two (green) peppers and stuffed them with the lamb mix, then put them in an oven-proof dish, and poured the veggies around them. Into the oven at 180. Half an hour later, I added a handful of crumbled feta on top of each pepper, then left them in the oven for another 30 mins.

Served the lot with some (plain) couscous.

Rather pleased, we were.

bonkey wrote: »
    Last night, I cooked a hybrid of two of Mrs. Bonkey's recipes. It was her idea, but seeing as she was busy with Bonkey Jnr. I had kitchen duty.

Fried off some lamb mince, with some crushed garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne. Added toasted pine-nuts and a diced tomato, then a sprinkle of flour and a splash of white wine.

Fried off some onion, courgette, carrot and chickpeas with some diced garlic, cumin, harissa, and tomato paste, then added some water to make a thin sauce.

Took two (green) peppers and stuffed them with the lamb mix, then put them in an oven-proof dish, and poured the veggies around them. Into the oven at 180. Half an hour later, I added a handful of crumbled feta on top of each pepper, then left them in the oven for another 30 mins.

Served the lot with some (plain) couscous.

Rather pleased, we were.
    Can I ask where yu live Bonkey? Your weather and diet seem far more exotic than mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had grilled lamb chops with mechoui spices, patatas bravas with a chunky tomato and sweet pepper sauce, and some greek giant beans in tomato with dill.

Minder wrote: »
    Last night we had grilled lamb chops with mechoui spices, patatas bravas with a chunky tomato and sweet pepper sauce, and some greek giant beans in tomato with dill.
    YOu too! Theres me with me spuds n' chicken! :D

Deepsense wrote: »
    Can I ask where yu live Bonkey? Your weather and diet seem far more exotic than mine.

I live in Switzerland.

Its right there below my name :)

bonkey wrote: »
    I live in Switzerland.

Its right there below my name :)
    I thought that, but when I googled Bern...it came up "Berne" and Biel showed up Jessica of course! Also, I lived in Germany where they thought eating lamb was just weird and it would have been impossible to find "alegalamb" :) I was surprised to see it on your bbq :)

Haha! Youre being mischevious with your location now!

Woohoo! Just noticed I got the 2000th post!:P

I thought that, but when I googled Bern...it came up "Berne" and Biel showed up Jessica of course!

Bern is the German spelling. I work there, and live(d) in Biel.
    Also, I lived in Germany where they thought eating lamb was just weird and it would have been impossible to find "alegalamb" :)
    Biel is great. Its right on the "border" between the Swiss-German and Swiss-French parts of the country, with a large Italian community and a growing Asian one. As a result, you get all sorts of stuff in the shops.
    I was surprised to see it on your bbq :)
    That was someone else's bbq, maybe? I haven't done that in months, I think....
    Haha! Youre being mischevious with your location now!
    :)

Actually...I moved house about a month ago, and completely forgot to update my profile. Lyss, incidentally, is halfway between Biel and Bern :)

• Advertisement

Im still half asleep! It was Sparks that had the leg of lamb. It kicked off a craving for a roast so Ive had it in my head since. Sorry! Youre free to go, t'was a case of mistaken identity!

Thank you, m'lud ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,137 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Duck breasts , seasoned with schewan pepper, salt and star anise. Pan fried and finished in the oven.
    A balsamic, dry sherry, soy and chili syrup.
    A blob of spicy, gingery, salty, sharp and sweet rhubarb sauce (my homemade version of plum sauce but less sweet)
    Thai fragrant rice.
    Steamed pak choi and baby sweetcorn.

NZ Pinot Noir.

Duck breasts , seasoned with schewan pepper, salt and star anise. Pan fried and finished in the oven.
    A blob of spicy, gingery, salty, sharp and sweet rhubarb sauce (my homemade version of plum sauce but less sweet)
    Thai fragrant rice.

NZ Pinot Noir.

(Quote isint working for some reason)

Yzzer takin' the mick now! :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Steak N kidney Pie.
    P1000556.jpg
    P1000557.jpgP1000558.jpgP1000560.jpg

............haven't made it for months, bit of an effort........but you can't beat a bit of slow cooking really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They look great.

Burgers and chips.

Homemade, of course :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Apple and sausage bake - Cooking apples, sausage meat, some curry powder, layered with mashed potato and with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and thrown into the oven to bake for an hour. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tonight I made a roast chicken with cranberry and apple stuffing, potato dauphinoise and roast vegetables. It was only the two of us and it felt a bit excessive making a large chicken but it does mean I don't have to cook for the next two nights so I think it was worth it. I just made extra portions of the potatoes and veg so we had enough to go with the whole chicken. It'll be great not having to cook on a Monday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,137 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thai fragrant rice.

NZ Pinot Noir.

(Quote isint working for some reason)

Yzzer takin' the mick now! :(

Actually, I lied.
    It was a Californian Pinot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement