Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Steak, boiled potatoes, garden peas with a mushroom and onion gravy. Quite traditional and very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Roasted rabbit, baked spuds, carrot & parsnip mash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Small griddle-cooked striploin steak served with 250g garlicky roast new potatoes and a fresh corn on the cob. Mmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭jos28

Similar to Neuro's dinner-
    Steak Diane, Lemon/Sesame potatoes, spinach.

Last night I had a cheese and onion crisp sandwich. It was yum.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote:
    Roasted rabbit, baked spuds, carrot & parsnip mash.
    Now that's delicious :D

Last night I had a beef casserole and there's more for tonight :D
    Steak pieces, quartered red onions, carrots, parsnips, crushed garlic cloves, potatoes and herbs and casserole stock!

Last night I had cumberland pie with baby carrots, peas and fresh sweetcorn kernels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Stir Fried Chicken, Onion, Noodles and Soy Sauce. Simple but damned tasty.

Last night I had planned to have two grilled lamb cutlets, garlicky roast new potatoes, steamed carrots and corn on the cob...but I got home too late and ended up having tea and toast with a bit of real butter before bed instead. We all know so what I'll be having tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lizanne000

Superquinn Sausages (no other sausages quiet meet these, Yum) with Champ and gravy, lovely bubbly!!

Tonight is Pork Chops with Mash and Carrots and Parsnip (yum, Yum) oh and of course real butter!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Chicken Stirfry - Chicken, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lemongrass, a little bit of chilli, carrots, sugar snaps, peppers, onion and brocolli.
    All servered on Boiled rice.

Lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Haddock Fillets, Chips & Peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Osso bucco with home-made crusty multigrain bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Minced lamb kebab with lavash bread,salad and a light homous dressing

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

salmon, sweet potato, carrots & peas

Pork marinated in sherry, garlic, ginger, soy and chilli, with beansprouts, onions, mushrooms, shredded carrots, peppers and sugar snap peas with egg noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Twice?!?!?

Ragu of rabbit with porcini mushrooms and fettucelle pasta.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Good aul Shepards Pie

Chilli con carne and boiled rice. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I had a Tesco Finest brand Margherita pizza, and my God, it was good!! Shall definately be having it again.

Last night we had the good old-fashioned salad just like Momma used to make - lettuce, tomato, spring onions, sliced peppers, cucumber and beetroot, with a couple of slices each beef and ham, a boiled egg per person and new potato salad. Oh yeeeaaah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Roast bresst of duck done with mushrooms, stir fry of mushrooms, scalions, green peppers and egg noodles with light soya sauce.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just had some lasagne yum yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Saturday: Red Thai chicken curry & pad thai noodles

Sunday: Minestrone-ish tomato & veg soup with balsamic & wine, & crusty bread

Also made massive beef stew last night (enough for next 3 days) so Mrs Billy doesn't have to cook & can just look after HB Jr I who is quite poorly at the moment. Should be real good by Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Chicken cacciatore with spuds, carrots & broccoli

Half a dozen Oysters, Moules with onion & celery, french bread and a pint of Leffe blonde

Pumpkin risotto with roast garlic and crispy fried sage leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I wasn't well yesterday so had plain pasta with a tiny bit of butter and salt. There's nothing better to settle your stomach!

• Advertisement

Steak with red onion gravy, boiled potatoes in their jackets and turnip :)

Tonight will probably be tuna and pasta with chopped tomatoes and stir-fried veg...unless I'm lazy and get Chinese :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement