Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Jollof rice, a turkey escalope with panko breadcrumbs and some aubergine frites a la provencale. A bit of a mixture of styles but it worked well on the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tonight had stir fry with egg noodles, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, veggies and barbequed pork (not actually barbequed, done in oven with marinade). Was yummy and really easy.

Followed by some ice creams I bought on special. They're like choc ices but with coconut in the ice cream and a chocolate slab in the middle. They're m new favourites!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

last night i made Mad Moroccan Lamb from jamies book, Cook with Jamie. had a few friends around for dinner and had it planned to be just ready for when they arrived but i didnt read the whole recipe, it had to go back in the oven for another hour, wasnt ready until 9, and to have the meat that little bit extra tender it could have done with another 30mins. came out pretty well though. if anyone is looking at this recipe and thinks its difficult, its not, just give it plenty of time.
    strawberries n ice-cream for dessert and it was all washed down with a couple of bottles of Châteauneuf du Pape, 2007 if that makes any difference to anyone, feckin gorgeous wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Tonight i stuffed a marrow with lemony couscous, chorizo, tomato and roasted pepper with oodles of corriander and mint (the couscous was lovely, the marrow underwhelming)...served with roasted wedges of marrow with lots of rosemary and garlic tossed with some parmesan....really tasty!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Last night I cooked Frikerdellar (Danish meatballs), they're a mix of half beef mince and half pork mince or sausage meat. Served them with homemade oven chips and roasted sweet red peppers.

Tonight I cooked the Prawns Tangiers recipe from the Sunday Times magazine on July 5th. It was gorgeous! It was also really, really easy to make.

Recipe for it here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/recipes/article6608986.ece

• Advertisement

Roast chicken, roast spuds, parsnips and carrots. Gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

inspired by neuro-p's last posted meal, had a beef madras, with tarka daal and jasmine rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Last night I had a tuna and pasta bake with a cheese and mustard sauce.

Milk is used as the base of the sauce, with cheddar cheese, Coleman's English mustard and a few drops of lemon juice added. Not very healthy but worth it every now and then for a treat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Last night was curried chips from Roccas chipper on the Malahide Road. Naughty but very tasty.
    Tonight is omlette ala leftover scraps of whatever is hanging around. I worked in Elephant & Castle for a year and made so many omlettes that Im still sufferring from PTSD. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 puddlestarter

I had bolognaise and chips with two rounds of bread and tea:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Himself has the flu, so made home-made chicken soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce with farfalle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Chicken satay and fried rice from chinese, didnt even eat it all.. was gorgeous just wasnt in the mood for it.. yuk!

Last night we went to the Epicurean. He had a chicken burrito from Taco Taco and I had scampi and chips from Leo Burdock's. The scampi was only ok: it was breaded and obviously had been frozen - not a patch on the battered, melt-in-the-mouth fresh scampi you get in Beshoff's in Howth. The chips were good though.

Tonight we had roast lamb, with carrots in herb butter, runner beans with bacon, mushy peas and potatoes in their jackets with lots of lamb gravy. Dessert was summer fruit pudding and cream and a lemon roulade.

Going to the gym in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i just had a pork chop with broccoli, gravy and apple sauce.

comfort food ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Himself has the flu, so made home-made chicken soup.
    Of the 'Swine' type? Regards to him & best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Back on-topic:
    I had my first risotto the other day in a small Italian restaurant near work here in Bern. It was a curried prawn risotto - quite spicy too, & absolutely delicious. Washed down with a few glasses of 'Gürten Bier'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Quick and easy stir fry with veggies, noodles, oyster and hoisin sauce. Went a bit overboard on the Hoisin so it was a bit too sweet. Need to watch my quantities next time.

Now I'm going to eat a packet of biscuits, because it's cold and I feel like it!

Merguez sausages cooked in the oven with a jar of passata then tossed in a pile of spaghetti.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Work has been hell for the last few days so food has been Govindas and coffee.

Bro is up for the night so Im going to make his favourite. Stttteeeeaakkk an' feffer sauce, mash and fried onions and Ill try and sneak a veg or two on there as well. I might make him a custard tart if he wants. Hes a fisherman so when he comes in he likes good food and Im his fav cook.

Im starting in a new job on Tuesday after the bank holiday- and its in a health clinic, so Ill be reporting very healthy eating and a new ad improved diet with far less butter and cream and lots more grapefruit.

Haha! I even believed me there for a mo :pac:

No, I will. Seriously. The lbs are sneaking up. Not good when its skirt V hips every morning. I can only suck my breath in so far. Im about 2 breaths away from popping buttons.

Last night we had garlicky chilli prawns in a spicy tomato sauce with spaghetti, a little parmesan and some garlic ciabatta.

The prawns weren't great. I got them cooked and frozen from Superquinn in their round of really good offers this week and I don't know...there was a strong fishy flavour from them that I didn't really enjoy.

• Advertisement

This thread is awful quiet this week! Are y'all snarfing down chippy dinners or summat?

Speaking of chippy dinners, tonight we're having home-made burgers and home-made wedges, and salad. Yum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had pasta bake with lots of cheddar, parmesan and mozzarella thrown in. And garlic bread.

Tonight we had breaded chicken breasts with diced carrot and swede, broccoli and home made wedges (snap neuro-praxis!).
    I made a chocolate tiffin so we'll have some of that for dessert :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Saturday I had tiger prawns cooked in a garlic cream sauce, with spaghetti.
    Monday we had home made burgers, potato dauphinois and veg.
    Today I had homemade tomato and basil soup with brown bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Today I had stir fry noodles with chicken and black bean sauce.

On Sunday I had a slightly different version of this with salmon as the fish, and served it with cous cous

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Tonight I made a kick ass chicken and vegetable soup. Then we had grilled porkchops with oven chips.

Last night we had roast chicken. In a bit of a comfort food groove at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Minder wrote: »
    Merguez sausages cooked in the oven with a jar of passata then tossed in a pile of spaghetti.

Minder those Merguez sausages sound gorgeous. Are they similar to chorizo? Can i ask where can you buy them from?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Chicken (breast and thighs) marinated in buttermilk overnight in the fridge, drained, floured*, egged, floured* and deep-fried. Nyom.

*actually flour, salt, paprika, cayanne pepper, parsley, coriander leaf, ground coriander and cumin, but who's counting? :D

Tonight we had quiche lorraine. Retro and delish.

Minder those Merguez sausages sound gorgeous. Are they similar to chorizo? Can i ask where can you buy them from?

Cheers

Nothing like chorizo. I get mine from the supermarkets in Calais then stock up the freezer. Look for them in a good halal butcher.

Last night we had scallops with garlic, thyme and tomatoes with a panzanella salad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Had steak tartare last night. Served with cognac, onions & capers & a pile of toast. The beef was excellently prepared & it was a real treat!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement