Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

The brother has decided to camp out in my place till tomorrow. His first night we had pork medallions with white wine, sourcream and chive sauce with masg & peas and fried onions.

Wednesday night we had bangers and mash and last night was Govidas as was tired from the week and Ill be cooking tonight so I wanted a break.

Tonight is ...no idea yet. Toyig with a quiche idea. I think Ive become Neuro-peraxis's very own food stalker :) I read your posts and think "oohhhh...good idea!"

Wheres Beer Revou? We need a bit of extravagance in the thread today to save us from a week where weve been a bit lazy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Tonight made lamb shorba. Was a definitely good dish for the day that was in it - cold and rainy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

garlic sesame beef stir fry with noodles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Prawn and pea Risotto (threw in some baby corn as well)

In hindsight may have had too much corn and peas...

Very nice anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Miracles never cease! The brother decided to cook last night. He does alot of the cooking on board the boat and had been bragging about his roasted monkfish tails stuffed with roasted red peppers so last night it was money where your mouth is time!

He cooked steak (I have no idea why I expected anything else!) and spuds in their jackets - boiled then peeled ....and then....wait for it....he fried the skins in butter :eek: He made pepper sauce as well.

I couldnt get over the skins though. Apparently alot of people do this. Im feeling a bit like a jew being told shes going to have Jeresulam artichoke soup. Jews feed them to their pigs and think its weird that we value pig food so highly.

Anyway, Im cooking a quiche here at the mo and roasting a bit of pork back joint. In the mood for making boxty too for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ordered a pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Coddle, delishous

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pork stir fry - pork marinated in honey and mustard. With brown rice and veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Parents away for weekend, decided to cook Fusilli pasta and use a Tomato & Basil stir-in sauce. Also cooked some chicken nuggets, cut them up and mixed in with the pasta and sauce. Delish! Planning something similar for tonight except with noodles but can't decide between 'Italian Chilli' or 'Tomato & White Wine' sauces :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had a stir fry of confit of duck with egg noodles, shiitake mushrooms and pickled plums. Usual stir fry ingredients - ginger, shaoshing wine and spring onions added flavour and a little of the pickling liquid, which has a lot of star anise, cuts through the rich duck meat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mashed potatoes, home-made meatballs with gravy and a big salad. Lovel, wintery goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Friday night was Toad in the Hole with thyme & mustard batter, garlic mash and gravy.

Saturday was the lamb & spinach karahi someone linked to on this very thread a while back. Love it.

Sunday was pasta with balsamic roasted tomatoes & garlic - my new favourite.

Last night was fillet steak from my God of a butcher, cooked blue and served with baby new spuds and garlic & lemon butter.
    megcork wrote: »
    Parents away for weekend, decided to cook Fusilli pasta and use a Tomato & Basil stir-in sauce. Also cooked some chicken nuggets, cut them up and mixed in with the pasta and sauce. Delish! Planning something similar for tonight except with noodles but can't decide between 'Italian Chilli' or 'Tomato & White Wine' sauces :pac:

:eek: Good christ, I've heard it all now. Excuse me while I go vom up my asparagus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've just realised how much of a snob I sound in that last post, but seriously, chicken nuggets and stir-in pasta sauce? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I ate out again last night & had 'Tom-Yam-Goong' - a hot & sour Thai soup with prawns, some sort of asian mushroom, chilli, lemongrass, galangal & coriander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

yesterday evening was comfort food no.1

potatoes, mince beef with carrot and onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

there no breaky threads but heres what i had for my breakfast :D

Suated Chorizo baby spudz and poached egg and wilted rocket which I wont be doing again :o

but it tasted damm good :D

http://tinypic.com/r/2hqxk47/3

Beef stroganoff with pasta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Deepsense wrote: »

Wheres Beer Revou? We need a bit of extravagance in the thread today to save us from a week where weve been a bit lazy :p

Oh It's nice to be missed!
    Been rather busy lately.

Had some family around last night so had...
    Whole turbot baked/steamed in the oven with lots of ginger & spring onion, a little garlic, soy, dry sherry, sesame oil. I cover the pan with tinfoil so it's sort of steamed, sort of baked.
    Served with Thai fragrant rice and steamed choi sam greens.
    Nice bottle of Albarino
    My mums unbeatable apple tart (with a few blackberries) with lidl greek style yoghurt for desert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Night before we had pan fried Monkfish cheeks with rice and mango salsa.

If you can get them, the cheeks are really good - imo better han the tail by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭alibaba12

ok i have a quick qs. its not really about what i had for dinner last nite but more what i am going to have for dinner tonight. i bought some lean beef mince and have no idea what to do with it. im sick of the usual shepards pie, meatballs, spag bol etc, would anyone have any ideas on what do with it, "what I had for dinner last nite" receipes welcome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lasagne? Burgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Lasagne burgers? Pictures or GTFO! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Beef stroganoff with pasta.

Hmmmm - that's tonights dinner sorted. Haven't had that in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Whole roasted poussins with risotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Whole roasted poussins with risotto.

I don't see you as a spring chicken type of person. ;)

Went out for dinner last night. Had a lamb wellington. Excellent. Will be attempting to recreate at home - protein and pastry FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I've just realised how much of a snob I sound in that last post, but seriously, chicken nuggets and stir-in pasta sauce? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I have to say, I do find your regular criticisms of other folks' eating habits somewhat abrasive. I think I've seen you offer to vomit on at least 3 occasions now. Each to their own and all that.

Last night we had bbq'd striploin, with steamed broccoli, roasted baby new potatoes and roasted carrots. We were a bit stuck for a sauce so I improvised a home-made pepper sauce that actually turned out delicious. We washed it all down with a nice Shiraz and a big dish of spicy bbq'd pears, topped with natural yoghurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Was bold last night and had a ready meal :o

Today though I'm making bolognese, looking forward to it immensely...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

mental07 wrote: »
    Was bold last night and had a ready meal :o

Today though I'm making bolognese, looking forward to it immensely...

Was it at least an M&S one? They do savage ready meals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

on foot of a thread in the galway forum i made a chicken bacon and mushroom pie.
    Good eating!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement