Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Home made spag bol from the slow cooker with wholewheat spagetti and home made garlic bread! Yum

Today will be roast chicken with new potatoes and roasted carrots and stuffing. Gravy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Chopped onins and frozen King Prawns with veggies sti fried in a spicy sauce. Delicious!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

That was meant to be 'onions'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Fairdues, there is an edit button at your disposal if you need to change or add to your original post. It can be confusing and untiny for other posters to see several consecutive posts by the same poster :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Last night had a massive turkey rasher stir fry with beansprouts and loads of veg, bit of rice and soy sauce! yum!

Decided to give the weight watcher sauces a go this evening. Had tikka masala with strips of pork and turkey rashers, with peppers,onions, mushrooms, rice and a wrap. was so yummy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night had a delicious spag bol. Hit the spot.

Tonight I'm making coddle for me and one of my American friends, who has yet to taste this grey and unappealing Dublin delicacy. :) My husband has opted for a frozen pizza instead....but I can smell the coddle bubbling away and am ready to eat it now!

I have a lasagna in the oven, with garlic bread, and rice pudding for dessert :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Had homemade chicken curry with onions and homemade chunky chips as I had no rice... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

:) My husband has opted for a frozen pizza instead....but I can smell the coddle bubbling away and am ready to eat it now!

I'll bet that hubby will volunteer to wash up ;) - nibble at any unserved coddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Kung Pau chicken and egg fried rice. All homemade from scratch, naturally.

Kung Pao Chicken:
    Take 2Tbsp hoi sin sauce, 2Tbsp rice vinegar, 1Tbsp soy sauce, mix to form a smooth sauce.
    Chop chicken to cubes, toss with 2Tbsp cornstarch and 1tsp salt.
    Chop two or three peppers down to small chunks (about 1-2cm to a side).
    Heat wok to very hot, then add 2-3Tbsp of peanut oil (Tesco finally selling this - as groundnut oil - in cheap enough 1L containers!) and let that heat right up to smoking, then immediately put the chicken in the wok. Lots of spitting so watch your eyes. Cook until it's all white or just going golden, then add the peppers. Continue to cook until the chicken is golden brown, then add the sauce and reduce heat to low and add some cashew nuts if you like them and maybe a little honey. Done.

Egg fried rice:
    Heat wok to really hot. Add three eggs beaten with a splash of seasame oil. scramble in the wok, then dump out to a dish. Reheat wok to red-hot, add a good few tablespoons of peanut oil and sesame oil, let those heat to smoking then add cold rice (about a cup and a half cooked in this case). Toss the rice a few times to get everything coated in the oil, the add some vegetables (the tesco frozen peas/sweetcorn/carrot stuff is what I used - cheap, cheerful and quick), and the scrambled egg. Continue to cook through, tossing the rice all the while (keep it moving or it burns), then turn off the heat, add some salt and some white pepper and a little bit of chinese 5-spice powder if you like (and toss to combine) and a splash or two of soy and you're done. Serve immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

yesterday whilst watching the Deise and Kilkenny had the Waterford meal of Ribs and Cabbage-made some mustard mash with it on the side-great stuff,even if the ol ribs could have been a bit more salty-
    knackered tired today so just chipped up some rooster potatoes and mixed it with olive oil and black pepper and salt and chucked them in the oven-

as for tomorrow-might get crackin on a chili-bring on the jalapenos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Faith wrote: »
    Was it at least an M&S one? They do savage ready meals.
    Nope, no M&S in foreign-land unfortunately! It was from an Iceland-like store, it wasn't bad at all.
    Had homemade chicken curry with onions and homemade chunky chips as I had no rice... :(
    Curry with chips is great! What I really like actually is a small portion of chips and a handful of rice...mmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aidybop

grilled sardines in a marinade of fenell, tomato, onion and garlic....mashed sweet potato and steamed brocolli on the side...the whole sardines were far too bonny though and my GF refuse to eat them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Last night was sausage & tomato casserole and had the leftovers tonight, which were even better.

I'm home alone for the rest of the week so tomorrow I think I'll do twice-baked potato skins and on Thursday I think I'll go to the Anvil in Saggart for lunch so I won't have to bother doing dinner.

Hubby is back from Lahinch on Friday so I do believe it'll be steak. We have the best butcher on the planet but I'm very curious about Aldi's new Irish Angus fillet steaks, so I think I'll give them a try. That's if they have any, they're ALWAYS sold out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Fedelini (skinny spaghetti) with grilled sardines, cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley and fried breadcrumbs. Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

Had breaded breast of chicken, mash, peas, and carrots. was yum

tonight had something similar, breaded cod, mash,peas, carrots, and cheesey garlicy sauce on top.

craving chinese right now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I had this

There's another couple of medallions in the freezer, so I'll have them next week.

I hope Aldi still have some in stock too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chicken Caesar Salad with Bacon.

God I love this stuff!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Started a new job so have been living on sandwiches and coffee. Im undernourished and rattelling like a bag of old bones from all the caffine.

Weeks menu:

Ham sammage
    coffee
    coffee
    cheese sammage
    cheese sammage
    coffee
    veg soup
    nutrigrain bar
    bottle of wine
    more sammages......

you get the idea

This weekend Im cooking a trad German onion tart and a chicken korma. Bf is muslim so severly hindered in the rasher dept atm. Hes not for turning either :D I just cant understand how anyone can resist a rasher sarnie of a Saturday morning. Quite bizzare to my mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Deepsense wrote: »
    Started a new job so have been living on sandwiches and coffee. Im undernourished and rattelling like a bag of old bones from all the caffine.

Weeks menu:

Ham sammage
    coffee
    coffee
    cheese sammage
    cheese sammage
    coffee
    veg soup
    nutrigrain bar
    bottle of wine
    more sammages......

you get the idea

This weekend Im cooking a trad German onion tart and a chicken korma. Bf is muslim so severly hindered in the rasher dept atm. Hes not for turning either :D I just cant understand how anyone can resist a rasher sarnie of a Saturday morning. Quite bizzare to my mind.

Turkey Bacon is actually pretty good.

• Advertisement

Had mince,veg and pasta. Used a weight watchers pasta sauce was lovely. had some of that bread with cheese and tomato on it, pizza bread i guess ya'd call it!

Had chicken marinated in homemade pesto and garlic, then oven cooked and served in a cream sauce with linguine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Seaneh wrote: »

+1 It's yummy, amd a lot lower fat. I was introduced by a Jewish friend who uses them for rasher sammiches and fry-ups.

My OH is a Hindu but is luckily not practicing so eats beef. My mother-in-law however doesn't eat beef or pork for religious reasons (apparently this is very common in communities where Muslims and Hindus live in close proximity). Can be a bit awkward when she visits so we've taken to just eating out to save any hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Last night I had, cooked by the gf, mash, carrots, brocolli, cabbage and a roast chicken breast.

Tonight I'm having beer and kebab

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Seaneh wrote: »
    Good idea! Thanks :)

Today was meatbally things with mash. I was so hungry I just wolfed it down so other than not poisioning me, it was sustinance and very welcome to my stomach.

Too tired to even think about cooking this evening so going to a friends house and eating the crumbs from her table!

had pasta, mince and sauce was yummy!

i love turkey rashers, really good in a stir fry! and for those doing weight watchers 3 rashers is only 1 point! happy days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Stir-fried beef with onion, carrots, green pepper and chilli.

Nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

home made garlic bread and chicken with a creamy sauce and taglitelle

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

I had homemade chili. Made it from scratch and it was yum. Rice, tortilla chips and dip and it was fab!

Tonight it'll be the same as I made loads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Chinese takeaway last night - too lazy to cook anything.
    Tonight I'm making moules provencal for starter, dingle lamb pie with roast potatoes and carrot & parsnip mash for mains (not very summery but delicious all the same) and for dessert am doing chocolate orange souffles with homemade vanilla ice-cream.

Just back from a course in Ballymaloe so am trying out all my new recipes on my (willing and eager) OH :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement