Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had salmon fillets, pasta and mushroom sauce for dinner today. sounds odd but it was yum!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

For Dindins tonight, because I forgot to deforst the veal chops I had planned on eating (Marinated them for a week and then froze the ones I didn't use) and I wasn't arsed driving around looking for a butcher still open at 7pm when I relaised, I had Mash, sugar snap peas and bakes beans.

Was yummy, but would have perfered the veal chop, veal stock, port and shallot reduction and foundant potato I had planned!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

1/4 pounder with cheese no onions and bag of homemade chips that the chipper makes. Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

monday had lobster with a creamy tomato sauce, used fresh toms from neighbours polly tunnel, this was one of the best dinners i made without a recipe. i halved the lobster and cut the tails off, cracked up the claws and cooked them in the sauce. yum

this eve i made the crab curry from the '50 great curries of india' book. didnt bother with the brown meat just a load of claws. was very messy and a bit awkward but very nice all the same.

Last night i had an awful disaster of a dinner, i tried some mexican potatoe casserole i found a recipe online for. it turned into a mix of veg, mince, and spuds with basically spicy tomato sauce.. was awful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Bit of an impromtu gig last night.

Had some chicken breasts but wasnt sure what to do with them. Found some veg and decided on the spot to do a stir fry.

Started with the chicken seasoned with lemon pepper in the wok with some crushed garlic. Then chopped half an onion and full yellow pepper. Added them in and then noticed I had a half can of sweet corn in the fridge. That went in as well and then finally some boiled rice. Mixed it up and crumbled a third of an Oxo cube over it.

Have to say I was very pleasently surprised! Beautiful flavours and well balanced (not my strong point). Several glasses of Kiwi Sav Blanc washed it down very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Last night was homemade pizzas done on the barbie. Tonight is ostrich & puy lentil casserole and tomorrow will be mahi mahi with noodles & stir fried veg. No idea what to do for the rest of the week as we're off to Florida for two weeks on Thursday and I'm trying to use up everything that's in the fridge.

Last night i had a massive prawn and veg stir fry with some rice. Today had homemade chips, fried onions, southern fried chicken breast and curry sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Stew last night.

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, stuffing and gravy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night:

Gin & Tonic with fried tofu squares with a little dab of green tea and wasabbi sauce.

Miso soup with tofu and wakame.

Grilled Halibut (or was it turbot?) coated with same green tea and wassabi sauce, poached samphire with lemon juice, Thai brown rice.
    German dry Reisling.

Apple and plum crumble. Bordeaux dessert wine.

Desmond, smoked Hegarty's, Knockdrina Goats cheese. Hommelbier.

Mrs beer was responsible for the green tea sauce. And the crumble.
    I didn't do much at all!

The reen sauce was amazing:
    Powdered matcha green tea, wasabi powder, honey, miso paste, sesame oil, brazil oil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

I modified this to my tastes:
    http://healthyrecipes.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/baked-chicken-mozzarella/

instead of onions i used scallions and i threw in some mushrooms, i used a bit of worcestershire sauce as well for a bit of taste, and the mozzarella wasn't of the smoked variety, plus the chopped tomatoes were of the bog standard variety.

i served it with pasta, it was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Spiralcars

Roast chicken with spuds, carrots and asparagus.

Tasty gravy and cloves and roasted garlic - yum.

had spuds,carrots,peas and salmon fillet with cream cheese and chilli powder on top last night. Had weight watcher friendly chicken enchiladas tonight, was soooo good! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

chicken and noodles, now off to make stock for soup with the left overs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm off to Florida the day after tomorrow so it'll be fried stuff with cheese for the next two weeks. See you all in a fortnight, when I'll be on looking for Weight Watchers recipes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Fillet steak with garlic butter. spinach and baby potatoes...nyom

mushrooms, pasta, soft cheese, salmon fillets cut up and some chilli powder yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

"twisters"

2 of them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Crab, apple and celariac salad- First time I tried it out and it worked a treat

tonight we're having a turkey wrap, with homemade enchilada sauce and veg. along with some spicy wedges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

spag ball ....delivered;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Home-made (from scratch) green chicken korma, tumeric rice and home-made naan bread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night we had chicken casserole, the night before it was cottage pie. The slow cooker is out again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

mince pie, potatoes, peas and carrots.......

not very adventerous but yumee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Homemade burgers and homemade spicy potato wedges. Yum

Egedinblue--any chance of a recipe for that homemade enchilada sauce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night we hosted a send-off for a good friend and had dinner buffet style. We had a big ham fillet boiled in coke, glazed in honey, brown sugar and mustard, and baked, with two roast chickens, a big basket of Superquinn's best fresh-baked rolls and bread with real butter, home-made pickles, mango chutney, egg mayo, potato salad, coleslaw and a large rocket salad tossed in a raspberry balsamic dressing with bacon and goat's cheese, and a selection of cheeses with grapes and Carr's melts. Dessert was home-made chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, strawberry cheesecake and fifteens.

I am now ten pounds heavier. Good night though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

We had a big ham fillet boiled in coke

As in Coca Cola ? :confused:

dh0661 wrote: »
    As in Coca Cola ? :confused:

I would guess so, dont knock it till you try it!!!;)

Last night was striploin with roasted wedges and fried onions. Twas grand

Tonight is pan fried tarragon sea bass fillets with cubed (esque) roast spuds, onions and garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Deep fried breaded chicken in a hamburger bun with tomato, BBQ sauce and mayo.

What? It's friday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement