Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Made a veggie risotto...tasty enough but i was really in the mood for meat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

Love this as the veg cook with the meat, it's a very quick roast (cooks in 1 hour) and it's very moist.
    Recipe on http://cleansheets13.typepad.com/my-blog/2009/09/recipe-sage-roast-pork-steak-with-roasted-vegetables.html
    Uses seasonal root vegetables too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I had roast fillet of pork with garlic and rosmary stuffing on top. Roasted Veg consisting of Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Potato, Courgette, Red Onion and Red pepper.

It rocked my world.

edit: very similar to the aboves dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

BBQ'd a batch of fresh prawns marinated in chilli oil, garlic and coriander (got them for 12 euro! uncooked:-) bonus), along with a organic salmon (BBQ'd also) and a bowl of mussels. Served with rice on the side, and cucumber and cherry tomato salad. The kids lapped it up!

Snap on the BBQ (Weber me thinks). Where did you get the prawns? The look amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Swampy wrote: »
    Snap on the BBQ (Weber me thinks). Where did you get the prawns? The look amazing.

Correct, a Weber, birthday present so making the most of final good weather. I bought the prawns in Rene Cusacks Fishmonger in Limerick, they always have a great selection of fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I had cajun spiced salmon with stuffed peppers, I got the recipe for the stuffed peppers on boards, They were stuffed with rice, tomato, peppers, onion, basil, prawns and philadelphia... A bit of sweetcorn.

It was a delicious dinner..

Nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

wow this is going to sound like crap compared to rest of the dinners on this thread but i stirfried some carrotts and onions then added some yummy noodles and soy sauce nyom nyom nyom!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

grilled 3 streaky rashers,added them to chicken leftovers
    chopped some onion, tomato, pepper, small bit of celery,some jalaeneo's

threw the whole lot in a pan for a few sec's,
    dumped em into a few tortilla wraps with some el paso salsa mix,cheese & sour cream.

could'nt tell you if twas healthy or not, but by fuk it was hot and delicious.....mmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Basic curry:
    Onions sliced fine and fried in peanut oil until they're brown around the edges, add finely chopped ginger and garlic, cook off, add freshly ground coriander seed, fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, fenugreed seeds and cumin seeds, and some tumeric, garam masala and paprika, add a cinnamon stick, fry off for a moment, add lots of freshly chopped tomatoes, fry off for a moment again, add a cup of water, let simmer for a few minutes, then add in four or five chicken breasts in halves, add a cup of chicken stock, stir up and let simmer for five minutes, add a few tablespoons of plain yoghurt, mix and simmer for another ten-fifteen minutes, serve with rice to hungry fiancee.
    Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

had special fried rice,satay sauce and couple spring rolls! was yum, tonight had pasta, with veg and mince with yummy homemade tomato spicy sauce stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

That Paella thread got me going.....................:pac::pac::pac:

P1000967.jpg
    P1000968.jpgP1000971.jpg

going to cook it now for 5pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

Allowed three year old daughter to help chopping (closely supervised) cooked spinach on the promise that she would then eat all the spinach - RESULT: not a scrap left on the plate! Usually we get the line "I don't like leaves)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last night we had panko breaded chicken escalopes seasoned with paprika and tarragon. A small bundle of linguine dressed with pesto; and a salad of mozzerella with tomato, a few basil leaves and a scattering of toasted pumpkin seeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

We have had visitors all week so it's been a week of cooking which, combined with a week of long long work days, has been a bit of a strain. Nevertheless...Monday evening we had homemade butternut squash soup, homemade bread and some cheese (big big lunch in restaurant!), Tuesday we had beef stew following by choc and banana bread and butter pudding, Wednesday we had carbonara, and last night we had turkey & chorizo skewers with a summer rissoto. All very good indeed. Tonight it's just the two of us so it's a turkey and bacon caeser salad with the meat left over from the week's entertaining. Tomorrow morning I am back to lovely cooking for me and the OH--going to make a week's worth of soups: potato & leek, carrot & coriander and squash & red pepper to avoid the temptation of ordering takeout after coming home from work in the evenings next week.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

baked spud and beans.....
    had too big a snack earlier on meats from on the pigs back ( http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/index.php/stalls-today/cheese-a-pasta/90-on-the-pigs-back ) and feta mix dolmas & olives stuffed with chili,and some with almonds from( http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/index.php/stalls-today/other-stalls/real-olive-company )............... yummy snacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How do I add an image from my computer.
    I can add an image from the internet but not from my computer.
    Any help - it is related to this thread!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Been far too long since I posted here...

Tonight, I had a beef and root-veg in beer stew, with mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts.

The leftover mash has been turned into potato bread for the morning.

Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Had 3 different sausages last night. Chorizo, Pork & Herb and Venison. Got em of the Frenchie guy in the Limerick farmer's market. Delicious but the Chorizo sossy kept repeating on me throughout the evening:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Had people over for dinner last night and went on a cooking marathon.

Made a pate de campagne to start with, which I served with freshly baked rolls and red current jelly.

The main course was a venison stew containing pancetta, carrots and mushrooms and served with green beans and a harvest loaf
    IMG_0498.jpg That's last year's version. This year's looked better but we forgot to take a picture of it.

For dessert I made an apple and blackberry cake and served it with lots of whipped cream.

Finally we had a cheese board. All washed down with copious amounts of rather good wine.

Can't wait to eat the leftover stew for my lunch this week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How do I add an image from my computer.
    I can add an image from the internet but not from my computer.
    Any help - it is related to this thread!?

Use http://wthax.org/. You can upload an image from your computer and it'll give you the code to use on boards.

• Advertisement

[IMG][/img]cow_pie.jpg

Cow Pie!!

With thanks to Faith.

Pork, apple and marjoram sausages for breakfast (homemade)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Cow Pie!!

A la Desperate Dan! Did you make a hay pie for the horse? :pac:

Don't have a horse, so I did something for the cats!

205530023_5fc3645fa9.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Last night. I did a slow-roasted roast-beef, with gratin dauphinoise and boiled veg (three different types of carrot, and brussels sprouts).

Planet X wrote: »
    That Paella thread got me going.....................:pac::pac::pac:

P1000967.jpg
    P1000968.jpgP1000971.jpg

going to cook it now for 5pm.

would not the prawns, chicken and peas be very overcooked by the time the rice is done??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Arborio rice / paella rice doesn't take that long to cook, but I know what you mean, prawns only take a couple of minutes.
    No, seems to work out OK. Mussels too, not a problem, the flavours of the shellfish add to the overall taste. They're basically sitting on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Tonight it's a lovely minced beef stew with chunks of carrots and potatoes. Made by the OH's very fair hands! Very delish it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

tonight myself and my bf had mince, pasta, veg and spicy tomato sauce.. about an hour or two later along came a chinese! shredded duck fried rice nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

suggestion ofr a sauce with turkey, had one the other they that was poor, ruin my whole dinner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Turkey (or even regular) gravy is always good, esp. if it's turkey, potatoes and veg. There's always the classic cranberry sauce, of course. Or if you want something a bit different it's very tasty to cook the turkey in a tomato, garlic, onion, and green bean (or any other veg) sauce and serve it like a stew/casserole type. I usually chop up the potatoes and bung them in there too. Yum yum. Or leave out the spuds and serve with rice. Loads of herbs needed--season the turkey in advance and add herbs de provence/italian herbs to the sauce.

Last night--soup and then spanish omelette with some sun dried tomatoes added, parma ham, good cheese and fresh bread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement