Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Thanks for the feedback. Yep the BV for genunie just think I got the mix wrong on the day!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Was it genuine balsamic? Because there really shouldn't be any sharpness off that at all, particularly once cooked.

Last night we had chilli served in super crispy potato skins and tonight was lamb karahi.

Tomorrow I had planned to do chicken tequila fettucine but I've been having such a goo for the Ballymore Inn that I think I'm just going to have to go there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

tonight its chicken enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce! yummy!! already cant wait for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

tonight its chicken enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce! yummy!! already cant wait for it! :D
    Can I have the recipe for this please?
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    lamb karahi.

This too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i made a curry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Tonight is pork and chorizo stew, served with tagliatelle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Last night I had tandoori chicken with rice and potato cube things

Tonight I had salmon (oven-baked) with sweetcorn. And bread

Des wrote: »
    Can I have the recipe for this please?

of course!

sauce is just:
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp chilli powder
    dash of tabasco sauce (or to suit your tastes!)
    add as much tomato puree as you want or a tin of chopped tomatos works the same. with the tomato puree i usually add good bit of water, but thats completly up to you and if you want it thick or thin! :D

i just throw half of that sauce into a pan with some sort of meat and lots of veg. roll it up in wraps, add the rest of the sauce on top of the wraps and grated cheese and into the oven until cheese is melted!

nomnom nom... dribbling now! :p

of course!

Thanks a lot, I think I'll be trying these soon.

no problem! there sooo yummy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

steak & dauphinoise potatoes.

• Advertisement

Knuckles of pork, with veg, in a white wine and tomato sauce...served with polenta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Chorizo and Potatoe bake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I posted it over in the gadgets thread but may put it here if anyone wants inspiration for an easy snack that's extremely tasty!

1. First I set spaghetti cooking
    2. Then blitzed up pepperoni really fine (bit of a mush) and fried gently with olive oil so it separated and crisped up.
    3. Then added the cooked spagehetti to the pan.
    4. Also blitzed a chunk of Parmesan and added.
    5. Mixed all together and served!
    Tastiest snack I've had in a long time! :) I'll upload a photo the next time!

I used The Magic Bullet to blitz the pepperoni and then to finely grate the Parmesan. Used a Fasta Pasta to cook the spaghetti really well in the microwave in 12mins - €4 in Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

That Fasta pasta ad really made me laugh :D no offence but seems like a complete waste of money.

Tonight we're having pizza, half price in Tesco but we're adding our own toppings: crumbed ham, chorizo and chilli flakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That Fasta pasta ad really made me laugh :D no offence but seems like a complete waste of money.

Tonight we're having pizza, half price in Tesco but we're adding our own toppings: crumbed ham, chorizo and chilli flakes.

Yeah, what exactly is the advantage of cooking pasta in the microwave?
    It cooks in minutes in one pot on the hob.
    You still have to wash the Fasta thingy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Total change of plans. Had pasta with chorizo, chopped back rashers, garlic, sliced onion and lashings of chilli flakes. Threw in dash of wine as well, some of the pasta cooking water and a couple of gratings of parmesan into the mix. Bit of a mish-mash but blooming delicious! OH hardly took a breath eating it, now that's what I like to see :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

scouped out the inside of a half loaf fried a fillet of beef after seasoning ect placed inside the loaf added a mix of whatever pasta types were left in the cubbard added random tomato sauce. serve in the loaf.

after eating the only thing i wanst happy with was the fact i drank it with water. the sauce could of been better . next time will use a tomato and basil sauce

bread after the juces from the food was very nice to eat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

Lidl Bockwurst with mustard, peas and creamy mash (local queens.)

On Sun we had left over roast chicken on a pizza, made dough for base in the bread maker while we were at a match, rolled it out and added toppings, ready within 30 mins of arriving home. Always found chicken dry on pizza but actually nice when it's homecooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Yeah, what exactly is the advantage of cooking pasta in the microwave?
    It cooks in minutes in one pot on the hob.
    You still have to wash the Fasta thingy!

It cooks it consistently every time, never sticks together, you don't have to keep an eye on it (important on a quick dash back home for lunch), lid measures the perfect portion size and also drains it after and eh it was only €4! It was bought for me and I did think it was a complete waste of money... but I've cooked more spaghetti in the last 2months than the rest of my life combined!:P

had mince chimichangas tonight, along with some nachos and homemade nacho cheese sauce afterwards... sooo full yet soooooooo good!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

Chicken Cacciatore from the BBC Good Food website (added pesto instead of fresh basil) OH said it was best yet, I cook it quite alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rabbit Stew.

An omlette.

2 eggs, milk, salt, pepper.

A few mushrooms and a bit of an onion chopped up and fried until soft, left to cool.

also whacked in some cheese and tomato, also cut up small.

all into the egg mix, then into the pan.

Then under the grill to cook the upside.

Was very nice. I make good omlettes.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

gary82 wrote: »
    It cooks it consistently every time, never sticks together, you don't have to keep an eye on it (important on a quick dash back home for lunch), lid measures the perfect portion size and also drains it after and eh it was only €4! It was bought for me and I did think it was a complete waste of money... but I've cooked more spaghetti in the last 2months than the rest of my life combined!:P
    Where did you get it for €4?
    It'd be a handy thing to have for lunches (as you've said).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Quick pasta carbonara last night - very basic, fry off a finely chopped onion, garlic to taste and some sliced bacon. Boil spaghetti. Drain and return to the warm saucepan. Mix the onion, garlic and bacon through the hot spaghetti. Then add a couple of beaten eggs and as much parmesan as you like. Stir through in the warm pan until the egg has 'scrambled' in the warm pasta. Season liberally with loads of black pepper. Scoff (and possibly take a vitamin tablet to offset the lack of anything that looks like a vegetable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok, so tonight i'm going to try something new. Totally from scratch (actually one is from a can, but that still counts as its not really processed a whole lot), i've never seen this recipie but I reckon it'll work.

Chicken and Pumpkin curry

(i'll give a verdict tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Stole Minders recipe of linguine with tuna, olive oil, parsley, lemon, garlic and some red chilli last night, was delicious and so quick to make. Had it with some crusty bread and a glass of vino. Total carb-fest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stole Minders recipes of linguine with tuna, olive oil, parsley, lemon, garlic and some red chilli last night, was delicious and so quick to make. Had it with some crusty bread and a glass of vino. Total carb-fest :)
    I don't know what the recipe is but judging from the ingredients listed it sounds very similar to a dish I do all the time. But instead of the linguine I use taglitelle and instead of the tuna I use frozen King Prawns from Dunnes.

Last night was a starter of chorizo and marinaded prawns, followed by a main of salmon, wild rice and fennel gratin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Mellor wrote: »
    Chicken and Pumpkin curry

How did this go?

Also, please tell me you live in Ireland? I have been looking for canned pumpkin for years to no avail. Where did you buy it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement