Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Marianated Chicked in a Krusty Roll.

Fruit Strudel and Vanilla Ice Cream for after.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mince fajitas with sour cream, cheese and guacamole and hokey pokey biscuits (yum!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Thanks BR.The only place I walked was around the sales :)

Ugh Des. I just cant get my head around eating a heart. Scarred by Mammy liver and kidneys I think.

Last night was left overs from the night before thrown in the oven and reheated. Was as tasty but reheatig just isint the same when its crumbed.

Tonight is Govindas or Medinas.

Southern Fried Chicken.

Fruit Strudel and Vanilla Ice Cream for afters.:o

Deepsense wrote: »

Tonight is Govindas or Medinas.

/Drollz at the thoughts of Medinas Channa Puri.
    Do you think Govindas is gone down hill of late Deepsense?

I had vegetable quesadillas for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Made lasagne last night. Twice. First time I left the ragu in the oven for the time indicated in the recipe, and returned to find it cremated. Was so pissed off I flushed it down the loo and went to the store for more ingredients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i had a fried egg:(

and a choclate bickie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

:eek::eek::eek:Boards subliminal messages:eek::eek::eek:

I had lasagna this week - did I read that on another thread in the week? I didn't just decide to make lasagna one night, I needed lasagna. Then I had homemade southern fried chicken tonight.

Someone start a salad thread, I can feel my arteries closing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Roast beef with a bit of salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary on it, roast spuddies in duck fat, Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puds (way better than any I could make).
    Except tonight threw in some carrot and baby courgettes into the roasting tray with the meat and spuds. The courgettes were lovely they go so well with garlic.

Cheap too if you can cut the beed thinly enough plenty for 6 people so works out about a euro per person for the meat..good eh nice beef too didn't take long in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Had this Karahi sauce, with the chopped up spare heart from last night in it as the meat.

That Karahi is very nice, and I've had about three or four times since that was posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I couldn't believe they still make them and had to try them out for the craic. :D

Woah... What were they like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i had chicken and mushy peas <3

and i made the chicken myself.. utterly pleased

Moonbaby wrote: »
    /Drollz at the thoughts of Medinas Channa Puri.
    Do you think Govindas is gone down hill of late Deepsense?

I had vegetable quesadillas for dinner.
    I tend to stick to the one on Aungiers Street. I find the food there to be better than Abbey Street. The chef there has been there for about ten years so he knows what hes doing at this stage. I was making chickpea burgeers the other day and thought of you :)

Tonight was roasted veg and barley casserole. Vile. It just didnt work. And I burnt my finger making it. :( Not worth the pain.

I tend to stick to the one on Aungiers Street. I find the food there to be better than Abbey Street. The chef there has been there for about ten years so he knows what hes doing at this stage. I was making chickpea burgeers the other day and thought of you :)

Tonight was roasted veg and barley casserole. Vile. It just didnt work. And I burnt my finger making it. :( Not worth the pain.

:) @ nice thoughts. :P

:( at burning. ugh. Barley makes nice risotto.

It the one in Abbey St. that I was disappointed with.
    We both felt quite ill after.

I had Cream of Broccoli soup with Walnuts and Boxty today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Des wrote: »
    Had this Karahi sauce, with the chopped up spare heart from last night in it as the meat.

That Karahi is very nice, and I've had about three or four times since that was posted.

*wipes eyes*

I'm so proud!

Tonight and last night we had white chilli served in crisped potato skins. Dunno what to do tomorrow, I've the Leinster match at 6, so I'll probably just end up going to the chipper on the way home.

Actually that sounds gorgeous - haven't had chipper chips in yonks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Honey-ec wrote: »
    *wipes eyes*

I'm so proud!

:D

Ha! Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had a couple of pheasant in the freezer that I cleaned and plucked before Christmas (yes, it is messy and very smelly - just thought I should do it at least once in my life!)

So yesterday we had some friends around.

Scallops with a little stirfry of ginger, garlic, chilli and spring onion to start.
    Albarino wine.

Confit pheasant leg.
    Roast prosciutto wrapped pheasant crowns.
    Potato rosti.
    Roast carrots & garlic.
    Spiced red cabbage.
    Rhubarb & ginger, sherry gravy.

Barolo (disappointing)

Cheese board with sloe gin (great with cheese)

Although I only roast the crowns for 30 mins - the breast was quite dry.
    Should have cooked the legs for longer - they weren't quite falling off the bone.
    (I'm a harsh self critic)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Where'd you get the sloe gin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Where'd you get the sloe gin?

Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Spicy lamb meatballs (cumin, lemon juice chillie etc.) gorgeous melt in yer gob stuff. Made a choccy hot pot thing from one of Nigellas recipes, very naughty full of butter and sugar but lovely crispy top and gooey middle easy to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Scallops wrapped in pancetta, asparagus, creamy mash & white sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Homemade chips. :D

Me and mam: Lamb Chops.

She has potatos, carrots with hers, I just had gravy.

Granny: Chicken, Potatos, Carrots and Gravy.

Went a bit morocco mad this evening. Made hummus, bought some flatbreads, then made a beef stew using a tenderising process involving salted onion juice; used some of the sauce from that to wet and flavour a couscous, roasted some peppers, made a dip from roasted aubergines and tomatoes, and fried off some lamb mince with spices, nuts and dried apricots.

There'll be more of that tomorrow. Also made a 'peasant' loaf today (using white flour, wholemeal flour and rye flour) so we'll be tucking into that for breakfast and using it to mop up tomorrows reheated leftovers from today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Pumpkin risotto made with a Crown Prince squash and some sage. The squash is very dense and cooks to a very smooth puree - so the risotto didn't need heaps of butter to finish it. Fried the sage leaves until crisp and topped the plates with garlic confit and a pile of parmaesan shavings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Beef stroganoff with basmati rice.

I have a neck of lamb from the hal al shop on Moore Street so Im making Scotch Broth.

Has anyone a good recipie? Im just going to have it, barley, onions, carrots, leek and potato in a pot - added at the different stages as the veg will be cubed. Ill finish with a good handful of chopped parsley.

Not terribly exciting but Im doing a freezer clearout so the weeks food should be .....interesting :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have a neck of lamb from the hal al shop on Moore Street so Im making Scotch Broth.

Has anyone a good recipie? Im just going to have it, barley, onions, carrots, leek and potato in a pot - added at the different stages as the veg will be cubed. Ill finish with a good handful of chopped parsley.

Not terribly exciting but Im doing a freezer clearout so the weeks food should be .....interesting :)

Here's my recipe - I usually just use leftover ham or leg of lamb. It's really good :)

1.5 ltr Chicken or Vegetable Stock
    500g Diced cooked ham or lamb
    50g Barley
    100g Red Lentils, rinsed
    100g Diced Carrot
    50g Diced Leek
    50g Diced turnip
    100 g Shredded Cabbage
    Chopped Parsley
    Salt and Pepper

In a large pot place the chicken stock, add the barley and split peas along with a little seasoning. (If you're using uncooked meat, put it in now)
    Bring this to the boil and reduce to a simmer for about 50 minutes.
    Now add the carrots, leeks and turnips (and cooked meat if you're using that).
    Return to a simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the carrots are almost cooked. Add the cabbage and cook for another 10 minutes.
    Add the chopped parsley and serve in piping hot bowls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night I made braised beef short ribs as cooked by Kevin Dundon on Saturday Kitchen. They cooked for 2 and a half hours in a sauce and were amazing with buttery mash LINK

*It doesn't mention it in the recipe but you need to turn the ribs every 30 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement