Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

(Deepsense with new account as I no longer have access to the mail that I registered with)

Lentil and chorizo casserole. Just blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rive Gauche

Pasta with a choice of 3 sauces: plain old tomato & basil, garlic & chilli, cream & pancetta. Had it with green salad and garlic bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dahl and rice.
    I love it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Salmon on Brown Bread

then

Southern Fried Chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Chili risotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Venison stew following this recipe from Gordon Ramsay. The meat was lovely - a deep red colour with little fat. It cooked beautifully, was tender and full of flavour, the chocolate sauce was rich but the raspberry vinegar prevented it becoming cloying. Great recipe, definitely a keeper!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

(Deepsense with new account as I no longer have access to the mail that I registered with)

Love the new name :)

Last night it was a hearty bowl of Scotch Broth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

last night went to TGI's with the bf. Tonight its a ww meal and a big bowl of homemade veg soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Love the new name :)

Last night it was a hearty bowl of Scotch Broth.

I also love the new name. You should merge your deepsense account with it bit keep that name.

Last night I had a veggie stir-fry with cashew nuts and oyster sauce. Had loads of vegetables to counrer-act the McDonalds I had for lunch :o

Going to a friends for dinner tonight and really looking forward to not cooking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Bacon, Cabbage and Parsley Pie with rough puff pastry.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Thanks Dizzy & Watna - Ive no thanks function atm. Ive requested to keep it :)

Last night was Govindas. Paneer in that tomatoey sauce, chickpea and kidney bean salad adn cous cous salad. Delicious!

Ive lost 8lbs so far - another 10 to go. Ive 3 dinners to go to this weekend so I fear it may be 2 steps forward and 10 back!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Ive lost 8lbs so far - another 10 to go. Ive 3 dinners to go to this weekend so I fear it may be 2 steps forward and 10 back!

Don't worry, you'll get back on track afterwards. I lost a stone last year and I'm trying to lose another now :(

Last night we had spaghetti with bacon and mushrooms in a tomato sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last night was beef in Guinness with mash and carrots. Tonight was grilled goat's cheese with baby spinach, rocket, and red onion marmalade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Last night, I went to a friend's house for dinner. Had roast chicken stuffed with rice, roast veggies and sala, followed by plum cake and ice cream. It was really nice and despite it being quite a hot evening the roast chicken wasn't to heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Today I had a homemade burger, red onion relish and roasted potato slices.

Wednesday:

We had chips.

Mum and granny had beans and fried egg with theirs.

Thursday

We had potatoes, fried egg and rashers.

Friday

Mum and granny:

Spag bol sauce with potatoes.

Me: Spag bol sauce on it's own, then later on had some pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Wednesday:

We had chips.

Mum and granny had beans and fried egg with theirs.

Thursday

We had potatoes, fried egg and rashers.

Friday

Mum and granny:

Spag bol sauce with potatoes.

Me: Spag bol sauce on it's own, then later on had some pizza.

Where's the veg - you'll get scurvy:eek:

Last night was Aldi rib eye steaks.
    Roast potatoes, carrots, Jerusalem artichoke, butternut squash and garlic.
    Boiled asparagus.
    A tomato sauce with pinenuts and butternut squash which we had with pasta the night before.

Tomato sauce was yum the night before but last night tasted like it was tinned - not nice at all. Could this have been caused by my leaving it in the pot overnight (I often leave sauces in the pot but haven't had this happen before)?

Where's the veg - you'll get scurvy:eek:
    There was chopped carrots in the Spag Bol sauce lol. Does that count?:o:pac:

Anyway, I'm not a fan of vegetables.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Spag. carbonara..I never add egg though..should I? Does it make much diff to the taste?

More importently for dessert made Nigellas (aka heart attack recipe woman) chocolate macaroons for the first time, uneblievable easy and turned out perfect. All gone with an hour, lovely and crisp on outside and chewy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

-Alioth- wrote: »
    There was chopped carrots in the Spag Bol sauce lol. Does that count?:o:pac:

Anyway, I'm not a fan of vegetables.:o
    I put beet tomatoes onion (diced) garlic and finish off with basil(herb) I don't think the Italian's put anything else in(vegetables that is) maybe the veg is a Irish version:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Spag. carbonara..I never add egg though..should I? Does it make much diff to the taste?

More importently for dessert made Nigellas (aka heart attack recipe woman) chocolate macaroons for the first time, uneblievable easy and turned out perfect. All gone with an hour, lovely and crisp on outside and chewy.

I think carbonara has become very like bolognaise in terms of the variety of ingredients and cooking methods. Some days when I make it it's literally fried bacon lardons and raw egg stirred through hot, cooked spaghetti. The heat of the spaghetti then cooks the egg; then stir through grated parmesan. Season with black pepper, and eat.

Other days I make more of a cream sauce. I must look up the definitive recipe...

Roast Chicken, stuffing,, potatoes, carrots, gravy, brocolli (yes, I ate some, the first time in years! :eek:) today. Was delicious.
    terenc wrote: »
    I put beet tomatoes onion (diced) garlic and finish off with basil(herb) I don't think the Italian's put anything else in(vegetables that is) maybe the veg is a Irish version:):D
    Did you mean to quote me or someone else? :o:confused:

Thanks for the tip though. Will try it next time, if I can pursuade the ma and nannie, that it.

terenc wrote: »

Italian recipes always have onion, carrot and celery .

Last night was

Brambletini.
    Olives.

Jerusalem artichoke and roast garlic soup served with a blob of Greek style yoghurt and a drizzle of brazilnut oil.

Riesling.

Roast sea bass and sea bream with lemon and thyme.
    Boiled carrots.
    Sautéed leeks with garlic.
    Potato and Jerusalem artichoke mash (which I ruined by putting goose fat in - yeuch - dont put goose fat in mash:mad:)

Cheese and beer.

Rum and chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

A mish mash of things - steamed mussels with chips; turkey & sweetcorn meatballs with chilli jam; and a salad of lettuce, cherry tomato, mint and a lovely goats cheese - dressed with olive oil and saba.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes, boiled carrots and peas, all covered in gravy. The only thing missing was the mint sauce. I only discovered we had none when I went to get it for the table. No idea where the half-full jar went, but my mum probably threw it out or something:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Thai green chicken curry, with a range of veg (padded it out to do two nights with mange tout, baby corn, yellow pepper and carrot batons), using a curry paste but also some bashed lemongrass, a handful of kaffir lime leaves and a good seasnoning of fish sauce.

• Advertisement

Mum and granny: Stuffing, potatoes, toast chicken, carrots and gravy.

Me: Stuffing, carrots, rashers and gravy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement