Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part I

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Beef guinness stew with rice. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mum and granny: Spag Bol sauce with Potatoes.

I had a Chinese takeaway.

Skewered Chicken Satay
    Egg Fried Rice
    Chicken Meat - Soong
    Spring Rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Tonight I made some lamb burgers with feta cheese (hard) and seasoned the lamb mince with garlic, cumin, b pepper , lemon , salt.
    The feta cheese is cooked in the middle of the Burger
    served with salad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Lazy day, shop bought pizza and ice cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Thursday night was some gack that was supposed to pass as a buffet at the chain hotel I was staying in.

So Friday night was home made tapas. I found an Iberico Chorizo and built a table of small plates around that. Fennel and orange salad; prawns in butter with espelette pepper; grilled lamb chops with mechoui spices; caper berries and olives; manchego and a goat's cheese whose name escapes me; salad of green leaves; grilled artichokes in olive oil; pan fried almonds with rosemary seasalt; and a cheats patatas braves which was chips with a jar red sauce spiked with some sherry vinegar, a few dried herbs and a wallop of smoked paprika.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Went to Ciao Bella Italian on Parliment Street I think it is last night. Brilliant night - full of mad singing Italians!

Had a mixed platter between 3 to start - all the usual meats and cheeses and delicious bread and olive oil. Then the 3 of us ordered carbonara as it does the best in Dublin without a doubt.

Rum Baba was on the dessert list and I really wanted to try it but I was all carbed out. Grest night, great food. Less than €50 each and we were there from 7pm till 11.30. Couldnt reccommend it more for a great night out that doesnt murder your budget. The €50 included 3 bottles of house whit, 2 beers, a double espresso and an americano as well.

Today is a fridge clear out thats heading towards a quiche lorraine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Fried up some onion, garlic, red pepper and thick slices of chorizo. Added two tins of tomatoes, two tsp sugar, two tsp balsamic vinegar and half tsp chilli flakes. Simmered for an hour, seasoned with salt and pepper, added a handful of chopped basil leaves and served over pasta, topped with fresh Parmesan.

And I know it will taste even better tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Beef guinness stew with rice. \o/

I love beef in guinness and also use nutmeg (nutmeg added to flour and the steak pieces seasoned and rolled in it) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Home-made beef burgers with all the trimmings (which in my case tends to be melted blue cheese, a sliced and sauted field mushroom, and a teaspoonful of dijon mustard.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast belly pork, carrot and parsnip mash and roast potatoes.

• Advertisement

Roast chicken, roast potatoes and sweet potatoes, steamed brocolli and a cracking gravy.

Potatoes, fried egg and hickory smoked rashers all nicely mixed up in a bowl. Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Have an exam tomorrow so my eating habits are atrocious this week. My OH is away and there wasn't much food in the house. Fridge only has dips and juice in it and the vegetable drawer was completely empty. Surprisingly did have some eggs so made a spaghetti carbonara type thing. It wasn't great but hit the spot and took the miminal time I needed.

Tomorrow evening to celebrate the exam being over I'm going out for Mexican. I know I'll definitely be having more than one margherita!

Then it's back on track and a big trip to the supermarket and veggie market is in order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Best of luck with the exam Watna!

We had Shepherds Pie with a sweet potato topping and some cabbage and sugar snap peas on the side. Twas yummy. And there's still some left for tonight, hurray! :)

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Potatoes, fried egg and hickory smoked rashers all nicely mixed up in a bowl. Delicious.
    Had this again tonight.:D

Made chilli & garlic ribs; special fried rice; udon noodles with enoki mushrooms and shredded duck egg omlette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Had my Mexican meal tonight. Had guacamole with corn chips, chicken fajitas an churros with many dips. We also had a good sampling of margheritas (classic, apple and guava and strawberry)

Was delicious and really good value at $50 (which is about €25). Very full and satisfied now - and I don't have to study anymore! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

Had a creamy chicken, bacon and basil pasta thing courtesy of Ready, Steady, Cook.

Getting pretty good at this cooking lark!

Off to look for a link for that creamy chicken bacon basil thing...

Lazy again today noodles with prawns threw some sweet chillie sauce and chinese five spice (over did it on the 5 spice ooops) and drizzled with garlic oil...shopping day tomorow had to raid the cupboards.

Choc hob nobs for dessert *hangs head in shame*.

Osso bucco and risotto alla milanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

a waffle poached egg and sausage sandwich with cutty bread - twas loverly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

I had a mince beef chilli con carne with a ww sauce thing that I made last night with green pasta and some nice red wine from fresh. The food was ok, but the wine was awesome :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Carbonara.

Going to try and make a Thai curry tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Lush again tonight - two apples, a chunk of ripe blue cheese, a few water crackers and a bottle of dessert wine. Tomorrow there needs to be some green vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

Off to look for a link for that creamy chicken bacon basil thing...

Lazy again today noodles with prawns threw some sweet chillie sauce and chinese five spice (over did it on the 5 spice ooops) and drizzled with garlic oil...shopping day tomorow had to raid the cupboards.

Choc hob nobs for dessert *hangs head in shame*.

Here ya go

Chicken, bacon, Basil pasta thingy

Was yummy

Made the chicken/bacon dish and it was yum! Although I used single cream but deffo using double next time for extra naughtyness.
    Very easy and quick to make, Aldi were doing heart shaped pasta so used those. Was too lazy to cut rashers so used Aldis bacon bits.

Shed load of free range chicken, was going cheeep again will be making the dish again soon, might throw in some onion.

Had a Chinese take-away last night.

Chicken Chow Mein
    Spring Rolls
    Egg Fried Rice
    Chicken Meat - Soon

Gonna reheat some of the leftovers tonight and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.:D:o

Tonight was Chilli con carne - served it dry, in wraps with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado and tomato salsa with lime juice and coriander; and a bottle of hot sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Home-made falafel in wholewheat pittas with hoummus, crisp green salad, tomato salad and home-made tzatziki - yum.

Making honey sesame beef noodles tonight, with broccoli and sugar snap peas.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Home-made falafel in wholewheat pittas with hoummus, crisp green salad, tomato salad and home-made tzatziki - yum.

Making honey sesame beef noodles tonight, with broccoli and sugar snap peas.

hey , can you give me the falafel recipe, pretty please :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement