Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northan Strike issue

Options
  • 21-03-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

hi guys, is there any way to uninstall the NS expansion. I cant play the `Bridge at Ramagem ` map as when it tries to load i get a CTD, if a server switches to that map I have to hit escape really fast or im out in windows.

Do I have to reinstall the whole of 2142 to reinstall NS? If so it will be a pain in the ass.

Any one got any ideas.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

hi guys, is there any way to uninstall the NS expansion. I cant play the `Bridge at Ramagem ` map as when it tries to load i get a CTD, if a server switches to that map I have to hit escape really fast or im out in windows.

Do I have to reinstall the whole of 2142 to reinstall NS? If so it will be a pain in the ass.

Any one got any ideas.

A little experimentation on my end showed that going to the BF2142 folders\mods\bf2142 and deleting everything that mentioned bp1, and also in objects, and the three folders (Leipzeig, Bavaria, Remegen) from maps was enough to prompt EA Link to reinstall it instead of attempt to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

cool thanks for trying that a lot of trouble on my part but thanks all the same will try it later when im home. Nice 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cool thanks for trying that a lot of trouble on my part but thanks all the same will try it later when im home. Nice 1

Umm, I've now found that it seems to have broken my install. Probably best to ignore me at this point.

well it worked anyway it let me reinstall but that bridge map still boms out at about 20% load in. I havent tried the other maps yet I supose I better.

Nope is killed my 2142 also so now im reinstalling everything from scratch it might work . But still thanks for trying Spear.

• Advertisement

Well it turns out that a full reinstall did fix that problem for me as I was playing on a lib of lepzik map the other then that bridge loaded next. Though I had to goto work then so I havent even played that map yet and new a new patch as come out since. Hope it works after patching.

yep map works now though I havent played it yet, i had to leave for work when I loaded in.

Advertisement