Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMX racing in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-03-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows.... is there any BMX racing happening in Ireland, cannot find anything on google, so I presume there isn't?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

There is a BMX race track in Dublin somewhere but it is supposed to be crap. Where are you from?

www.rebelbmx.com

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

The bmx track in Dublin is in Marley Park.There are a few more up north as far as I know.The way to get more is to set up a club and seek funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Slothy

Hi Rebelbmx,
    Im over in clontarf, I have never seen marlay park, any pics anywhere?
    (nice blog by the way)

It is in Rathfarnem,had a look for some pictures,none around.Just go for a spin there and see for yourself.It has not been maintained as it should be but not alot of people use it,but if riders start to use it again this can change.

Have you tried the cycling forum..you might get locals repliing rather than the Cork heads!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Could it be this one?

53°22'22.76"N
    6°10'26.91"W

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Slothy,

Sorry to say there is no real racing scene here in Ireland. Marley park is a poorly maintained track from the 80's with weathered mellow berms and small doubles/triples that have no lip or pop. Mostly people ride street in Dublin and the skateparks whenever the weather allows. If your intereested in some street let me know.

Pete.

Seriously if that was down here in Cork I would get a few lads out to resurface it and build it up.If it is allowed of course just ask the rangers in the park if it is a possibillity.;)
    All the tracks are gone down here since about 1988 and now our trails have gotten ploughed again for the second time it four years!!:mad:

Advertisement