Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny Ears

Options
  • 21-03-2007 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Can one receive a TV signal (free channels only) with bunny ears aerial + plug-in booster in Charlesland Park?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

When we first moved into the Wood in 2004 we tried and got nowt. It might be different now, but doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yes - but its sh*te. an aerial in the attic might give a better result, or one of these: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52522115&postcount=15.

but you'll still only get 4 channels

the local transmitter for greystones is on top of bellevue hill, so point it in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No such luck get reception...I've been thinking about this issue and the reason for paying a license fee. Why should anyone have to pay a license fee if they can't even receive a decent reception of any of the terrestial channels? The cost of a fee should go towards having to get those NTL people in.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

astrofluff wrote:
    No such luck get reception...I've been thinking about this issue and the reason for paying a license fee. Why should anyone have to pay a license fee if they can't even receive a decent reception of any of the terrestial channels? The cost of a fee should go towards having to get those NTL people in.

you'll get fine reception if you put an aerial on your roof. Besides, the license fee (for better or worse) is a tax to fund RTE. Whether you can receive RTE is irrelevant - its for owning a TV.

I used a pair of cheap rabbit ears in my living room after I moved in and NTL were keeping me waiting for a connection. I was able to get grainy but watchable RTE1, RTE2 and TG4. TV3 was unwatchable though (actually, its unwatchable regardless of what the reception is like!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

I use the 'technically superior' coat-hanger antenna setup in the attic and am picking up the 4 channels without a prob. coat hangers rule! :D

ps - diy attic flooring job up there cost about €100.
    before you ask, its flooring grade T&G chipboard so no risk of falling through :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

We can get quite good RtE 1 and 2 and TG4 with a booster set of rabbit ears. We tried a few and the best is the "One for all" brand. The first one we tried "Mercury" i think was useless. Haven't got TV3 though so might try the atic.

Advertisement