Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake pedal rubber...

Options
  • 21-03-2007 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Car's just failed NCT (surprise surprise).

One of the items on the fail list was the brake pedal itself, something along the lines of no rubber fitted.
    Thing is there was never a rubber on the pedal, it's just black painted metal with grooves and grips.
    Searches for a brake pedal rubber for a Peugeot 106 as a spare part have come up a blank and I'm starting to think that peuget designed the brake pedal like this.
    What do I do if I can't find the part, assuming it exists...

Any 106 owners out there who can tell me if there should be a rubber lining on the pedal or if it's metal only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In the NCT manual it says "Brake pedals should not be rejected for not having a pedal rubber if they were not designed to have one".

Contact a Peugeot garage and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I would be very surprised if the brake pedal didn't have rubber although I do know that the accelerator pedal on the Fiat Seicentos didn't have rubber on them, the brakes pedals however, did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

In the NCT manual it says "Brake pedals should not be rejected for not having a pedal rubber if they were not designed to have one".

Yeah that was next on my to do list, some other pressing issues to get to, failed on brake balance, travel and the bloody emissions (after getting the exhaust looked at yesterday :rolleyes: )

Like I say the pedal looks like it was designed to be rubberless , it certainly never had a rubber when I bought it, and my foot has yet to slip off the pedal. The paint has worn to reveal bare steel...perhaps a quick lick of paint :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Use an engine cleaner to get your emmissions down!! I normally do a service and put an engine flush through before I do the oil etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nah guy says I have a small hole in the pipe where the exhaust system enters the engine and the condensed water is leaking...needs to be welded. It's the particle emissions part that it's failing due to this leak...
    Suppose it wouldn't hurt to take up your suggestion...where do I gte engine cleaner and how do I use it?

Just off the phone to peugeot...they reckon there IS a brake pedal rubber and will order it for me. So that's one thing ticked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just get some injector cleaner from any motor factor, put it in the fuel and don't forget to give it planty of revs on the way to the test centre. helped me pass my emissions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what about boy racer aluminum pedals?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lex Luthor wrote:
    what about boy racer aluminum pedals?
    Unless they come with the car leaving the factory, they have to be replaced.

(PS - it only applies to the brake pedal)

Advertisement