Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No HD Am I missing much?

• 21-03-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 37" LCD TV that is not HD ready The XBOX is connected via the HD/VGA cable.

The games look ok to me but I've never really seen the games on a HDTV so I've nothing to compare it to.

Am I missing much? Is it worth my while to spend 1k or so on a half decent HDTV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Can you link to the TV you have, or post the model number/info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

koneko wrote:
    Can you link to the TV you have, or post the model number/info?

Yep.

Seen as you already have an LCD id imagine its of a resonable resolution, id guess 1024x768, and your only missing a tiny bit of resolution for 720p.
    In that case no, no need to get another tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

You're not really missing that much unless you really love pretty graphics

I have my 360 hooked up to my SDTV upstairs. I had it hooked up downstairs to the HDTV and it looked really great but I didn't notice that huge of a difference when I brought it upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I upgraded my telly box from a bubble fronted 28" CRT to a 40" HD 720P LCD, and my impression was that it was an altogether different machine.

It meant that I could see all the details of the HUD, like exactly how many bullets were left in a GOW magazine, rather than that being a blur. The graphics still looked good on the 28", but the HD brings a whole new dimension to playing.

I don't know whether it would be worth your while if you already have a big LCD, to find a HD model. I wouldn't upgrade just to see a higher resolution computer game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Desecrator666

I had my 360 hooked up to my 36" LCD tv at 1080i and the difference is unreal. Games look **** on a normal tv compared to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement