Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What rabo funds are you on

• 21-03-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have bought into the

World Gold Fund
    Indian Fund
    Emerging Europe Fund

what would you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

they are really high risk funds your in!!!

Id go for the ml global allocation fund and reduce some risk. If the market wobbles again you would be hammered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

they all look a bit shaky at the moment. I have a few investments (Emerging Europe etc) and I'm well in profit but they did take a big knock last month.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

holyrood85 wrote:
    they are really high risk funds your in!!!

Id go for the ml global allocation fund and reduce some risk. If the market wobbles again you would be hammered.

Surely its only risky if it is a high percentage of their overall wealth invested in these 3 funds, no? 90% of their wealth could be in the safest bank account in the world earning 5% a year. This leads me to the question of what would you people consider a good strategy. I have a bit of money to spare and was thinking of maybe 60% in savings accounts such as Rabo etc, 30% in risky funds such as previously mentioned and 10% in less risky funds.
    Am I being a bit boring or is this a well balanced approach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Holyrood85 has been site-banned for trolling. I wouldn't listen to what he had to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I have 50% of my investment in the Rabo Savings account. Then 25% in both the Oppenheim Growth Fund (unproven track record), and the Hendersson Pan European property fund. I said I'd give Oppenheim a go as there was no entry fee at the time of my purchase, being aware it was a much riskier fund.

Both investment funds took a hammering for a couple of weeks there during the "global market correction", but I'm still in the black and am optimistic to gain more of a percentage than I might from my savings account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Both investment funds took a hammering for a couple of weeks there during the "global market correction", but I'm still in the black and am optimistic to gain more of a percentage than I might from my savings account.
    Yeah when you take savings accounts as the marker you can't go far wrong. You'd probably get more interest by putting it under the bed ;).

Mind me asking when you invested and what your percentage increase is for each of the three?

I'm also doing pretty well with my Rabo funds despite the knock they took in February. Robeco Emerging Markets and Pan European Property are climbing quite well at the moment....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

ML/Blackrock New Energy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I like the New Energy fund too. It' s been doing very well for me and as I expect oil to rise again, I expect the new energy fund to rise reciprocally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 westside

do ye reckon that the rabobank funds are the best place for about 5k. i would like a good return with someone who is not going to fleece me with entry/exit charges (dont we all!). New Ireland, ETF's and quinn freeway are other options but I am only just beginning my research so would appreciate any advice from people who have invested in rabo or any of the others mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

westside wrote:
    do ye reckon that the rabobank funds are the best place for about 5k. i would like a good return with someone who is not going to fleece me with entry/exit charges (dont we all!). New Ireland, ETF's and quinn freeway are other options but I am only just beginning my research so would appreciate any advice from people who have invested in rabo or any of the others mentioned
    Personally for relatively small amounts I would say Quinn are #1 in the market in terms of fees, Rabo are #2 and the rest someway in the distance. For larger lump sum buy and hold strategies, ETFs are usually the way to go.

With 5k to invest and assuming you understand the risk of shares, I'd be looking at spreading it over a couple of Quinn funds and getting on with my life.

looks like most of the Rabo funds took a big hit today but luckily I'm still showing a decent profit. I'm not sure what to do now, keep them or sell. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I'd be interested in hearing peoples opinions on these also.
    I've not been in these funds that long and this is the first big downturn i've experienced. I know Shane Ross reckons this is the end of the easy money and its time to invest in cash and bonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Forget about cash and bonds. If you are interested in equities you need to be there long term. Market corrections will happen but if you are using a drip or investing reqularly it should not destroy your total earnings over a 3-10 year period. Sit tight and smile as all the herd panic sell.

kmick wrote:
    Forget about cash and bonds. If you are interested in equities you need to be there long term. Market corrections will happen but if you are using a drip or investing reqularly it should not destroy your total earnings over a 3-10 year period. Sit tight and smile as all the herd panic sell.
    another big hit today but I think I'll keep them for the moment as you suggest.:eek:

BendiBus wrote:
    ML/Blackrock New Energy

I've recently also started a drip feed into World Mining. I'll look at World Energy soon too.

So the last weeks fall off in prices means I'm now getting more units for my money. :) Of course that doesn't mean I won't be showing a loss on recent purchases next week or next month. :o But taking a long term view, I'm getting better value now than this time last week. Market falls can be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

so i finally set up with my account with rabo and gonna start off by throwing in around 500/600 quid.. Just with the volatility of the markets at the moment.. im kinda holding off a bit
    So what funds are ye investing in these days..?
    By the way, can you check the real time price of the fund in ur account interface anywhere?

thaks

I'm still drip feeding into the World Mining fund. As per my previous post, I'm in for the long term so I'm not losing any sleep about the recent falls.

Tiesto wrote:
    By the way, can you check the real time price of the fund in ur account interface anywhere?

thaks
    yes you can, log into your investment account and click on "price". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SteadyEddie

Would that not be yesterdays price? From my understanding you cannot get a live feed of a fund. In the case of MNE you can because its an investment trust, but you cannot get a real time price for a fund. At the end of each day (the fund will be able to tell you when) the fund price will be totalled & updated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement