Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dry rot

Options
  • 21-03-2007 1:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

just pulled back some plasterboard in one of the bedrooms and there's dry rot all over the walls just above the floor. I'm wondering how far has that got? I read in a book that you have to treat for 5 foot past the last bit of dry rot you see, and that means going down stairs and treating everything there? It doesn't look like it's got into the joists, but would they have to be removed and burned? I'm doing a big renovation on the house anyway, so it's not such a big deal, but I really don't want to have to start ripping out joists.

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

first thing to do id make sure its dry rot, and not mould.
    they need to be cut out and burned, not just infected. past the rot. wear old clothes too and burn them. if you got dry rot them there is a moisture problem in the room too, try find the source of that too.

Advertisement