Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Eircom?

Options
  • 21-03-2007 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Im on a 2mb connection but for the past couple of weeks its been very slow. (Im in the Blanchardstown, Dublin area). When I check my router http://192.168.1.254 it shows my speed as 512/256.
    Anyone else experiences similiar problems or will I have to ring Eircom and see whats happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Slurms wrote:
    Im on a 2mb connection but for the past couple of weeks its been very slow. (Im in the Blanchardstown, Dublin area). When I check my router http://192.168.1.254 it shows my speed as 512/256.
    Anyone else experiences similiar problems or will I have to ring Eircom and see whats happening?

It certainly appears that you are syncing at the wrong speed. It is possible that something has happened to your line and that its quality has deteriorated drastically but best to get on to Eircom and ask them whats going on. Have you checked your line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

dub45 wrote:
    It certainly appears that you are syncing at the wrong speed. It is possible that something has happened to your line and that its quality has deteriorated drastically but best to get on to Eircom and ask them whats going on. Have you checked your line stats?
    Ehm, I dunno how to check my line stats?

EDIT: Just reset my router and its gone back to 2mb. Maybe its cos I always leave my router on?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Slurms wrote:
    Ehm, I dunno how to check my line stats?

EDIT: Just reset my router and its gone back to 2mb. Maybe its cos I always leave my router on?

If I remember rightly the line stats are given towards the bottom of the page where the router tells you the speed you are syncing at something like 44/15.

Glad you are back to normal anyways:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah the line attenuation. It's at 42/28db now.
    Cheers dub45, without your post I wouldnt have routed around the routers options and decided to reset it. Good man yerself!

Advertisement