Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless heating controls.

Options
  • 21-03-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come accross a wireless unit ,that controls both the on/off times and temperature of a heating system.
    I was at a woscester bosch display and have seen similar controls available from them ,but they only work with their own boilers and PCB's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

try Honeywell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah, I'd agree with Lex on the Honeywell stuff. I considered it myself a couple of years back but as I was getting the house rewired I ended up going for the standard wired components.

More info > http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/programm.htm#CM61/67%20RF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks for the replies ,I didn't think honeywell went wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I could make a few enquiries for you if you like?

I work for Honeywell but not the division that sells the equipment you are looking at, but I could ask around and see if we have any other lads in Ireland that deal with that sort of stuff.

Thanks for the offer lex ,no need to though .
    I can get someone to ask for me ,I did ask before about it and was told they are not really available because the cost was too high for average joe.

I thought maybe in the mean time there may have been a new system that someone may have installed.
    Sometimes the suppliers don't know whats on the market ,if it's not the brands they stock :o

If I do find anything myself ,I'll post.

Cheers,
    Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I know that C&F Quadrant in Cherry Orchard will supply all Honeywell heating controls. Check the price with them if you're interested. UK prices are online at www.plumbworld.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

They are pricy but cm zone (cm-zone.com) from Honeywell would give you a wireless room programmale thermostat and boiler control relay box. If you don't use the Radiator controller HR80 you would be maintaining the heat based on the temperature of the room in which you have the Central user panel CM67z.

You could fit standard TRVs on all or most rads but you would need to set the User Panel temp a little bit higher to ensure heat is delivered to other rooms which may be requesting heat through their own TRV.

I was in the UK and saw the CMZONE TRV in action but found it to be overly complicated and a pain in the neck to have to bend down to look at the settings.

I personally don't like roomstats ,you've got houses where the sun is beaming in the back and the front of the house is cold and vice versa.
    I think a portable thermostat and timer ,would give a customer greater control of their heating though. Allowing for sunshine and rooms used etc.

Really thought there might have been something available ,running on a 9V battery or something.

{quote} Really thought there might have been something available ,running on a 9V battery or something.{quote}

The cmzone Central user panel CM67z runs off two 2 x 1.5v AA batteries and is wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I was at the ISH exibition in Frankfurt a few weeks back and saw wireless radiator valves on the Viessmann stand, although I didn't enquire about them at the time, so unfortunately I can't give you any more info. Probably worth giving them a call though as they do a quality product.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Nice one for the info ,the viesmann vitohome 200 looks very B&O :)

The Vitohome 200 costs about €650 for the control panel and €180 for each rad control - ROI on that is worse than a wind turbine!

Advertisement