Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow

Options
  • 21-03-2007 3:51pm

I drove From Dublin to Waterford yesterday and saw snow on mountains behind the sally gap, on Mount Leinster and a mad covering on the Coomeraghs along the journey.

Can anyone give me an estimation as to how long this snow covering will last. I want to plan a hike - hopefully I will get up some snow covered peak!
    Oh and I presume the Carrauntoohill area has a covering - can anyone confirm?

How long will it last ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Well it's gone now anyway but i have some pictures of it from the air flying out last monday. I'll upload them in the pics thread tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snowing here in Abbeyfeale, quite heavily. Will upload pics in a mo.

sleet here for the last hour
    temp 2.4c dp 0.9c

Definitely falling as snow on the nearby hills and quite a few wet flakes in it here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Tristrame wrote:
    sleet here for the last hour
    temp 2.4c dp 0.9c

Definitely falling as snow on the nearby hills and quite a few wet flakes in it here too!

Seems to have missed us here:

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

currently 2.6c, dp 1.6c

A

Advertisement