Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aubergines...what to do with them?

• 21-03-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently planted some aubergine seeds and am looking after them daily, waiting for them to germinate and sprout to the surface...

So when I actually harvest my aubergines, what recipes would you recommend I try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Sometimes I use aubergines as the 'pasta' in lasagne.

Orrrr - you could griddle them, and roll them up with sundried tomatoes & feta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Make Moussaka it is a fantastic dish and if you fnd yourself with a surfeit of Aubergines it is a good way to use them up.
    Moussaka freezes and defrosts with almost no loss of taste, so you can do a big cookup once a month and have ready meals in the freezer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i sometimes chop them into cubes and use them in a salad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Thickly slice length ways and fry in the pan after you have done your steak until golden/almost burnt, place steak on a nice fat juicy slice of aubergine, lovely texture combination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They also go very well in curries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

BuffyBot wrote:
    They also go very well in curries

I'd 2nd that. They are quite nice in curries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I like these suggestions folks!

Moussaka, Curries, steak - all things I love to eat. :)
    Amazing that I've never really bothered with aubergines until now, good to have the suggestions ready for when I'm harvesting them.

Advertisement