Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional License is going out the window !

Options
  • 21-03-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

The learner permit will replace the existing provisional licence. In the interest
    of road safety, the learner permit will introduce more rigorous requirements
    for the use of vehicles on the roadway by learner drivers. Full details will be
    available at www.rsa.ie.

http://www.rsa.ie/publication/publication/upload/ROTR_Sample.pdf

Oh oh ! ... No more provisionals ! I was reading about this on europe.eu !

You won't even be able to drive your own car until you get your provisional !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hmm. The situation will no longer seem so laughably ridiculous to us Nordies.

I will miss telling people how so many people drive without having ever taken a test or else having done one and having being judged to be incapable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It has been taked about for months when do they hope to implement this? I heard we are all to get a free copy of the ROTR book. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

europe.eu was late march i think !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

craichoe wrote:
    You won't even be able to drive your own car until you get your provisional !

Isn't that currently the case? ;)

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Isn't that currently the case?

M.

No, You can purchase your own car and get lessons in it, or indeed get insured on someone elses car. Now you'll only be able to drive an instructors car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

craichoe wrote:
    No, You can purchase your own car and get lessons in it, or indeed get insured on someone elses car. Now you'll only be able to drive an instructors car.

You still needed to have a PL when doing your lessons. :confused:

Advertisement