Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warlock or Priest to 70 ?

Options
  • 21-03-2007 5:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,just wondering your thoughts on which char i should lvl up to 70.
    ON alliance ive a 60 night elf hunter [havent played in months,dont intend playing alliance at all really]

Right now i have a 70 undead rogue,62 Orc warrior thats enough of mellee for me :)
    Not sure if i will lvl the warrior for a long time yet.
    So im thinking of either my lock or piest.
    I have a 37 blood elf Warlock [affliction spec]and a 42 undead priest [shadow spec]but cannot decide which to lvl up.
    I admit to enjoying both around the same so maybe someone here can sway me either way :P
    Baring in mind im not a huge fan of instances mainly because i dont have the time for long sittings of wow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

IMO the warlock, it will be quicker.

respec your warlock to demonology at 50, and get your felguard. then its plain sailing to 70 where you can spec any of the 3 tree's and perform outrageously.

im going to put a pre emptive "nerf warlocks" in here, just for drake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Warlocks are overpowered in PvP, Shadow priests with good gear, are very good at pvp. The only trouble with being a shadow priest is there's a lot of weight on your shoulders to heal when needed etc. If you ever decide to go holy, all you can expect is frustration. Also Priests have consistantly been nerfed since day 1.

Warlocks on the other hand, every spec is viable for pvp, the only difference is play style.

It's down to you. You got to decide which you'd prefer. A dps utility class with the option of switching to a healing class to experience the full frustration of the game, or a class considered by most to be overpowered in pvp, that's a pure dps (all though the dps lacks a little, they still do a lot of damage) class in pve.

The only thing it migh add is that, looking at things logically(altough logic has very little to do with wow in my experiences) at the minute, I'd say in the near future, Priests will get a buff and Warlocks will get a nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Binomate wrote:
    The only thing it migh add is that, looking at things logically(altough logic has very little to do with wow in my experiences) at the minute, I'd say in the near future, Priests will get a buff and Warlocks will get a nerf.

Doubtful, have you seen the tier 6 bonuses? Offensive priests is a joke. 3 more seconds on SP, when does it ever last the full duration? More damage on MB, a horribly in-effeciant spell. And through all this you lose +spell damage, the only stat you need.

Go warlock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Warlocks are great fun to play. Some great spells, and the different specs really change the way you play. Also, pets are cool (if not as cool as hunter pets). But if you want to be assured a place in raids/groups etc...a priest (holy) will always be needed. But healing all the time can get tiresome at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

swp always lasts its duration in decent boss fights ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers guys,i decided to go with the lock for now who is on a pve realm.
    I will lvl the priest over time on my mains realm which is pvp.

Dcully wrote:
    Cheers guys,i decided to go with the lock for now who is on a pve realm.
    I will lvl the priest over time on my mains realm which is pvp.
    You're joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

PvE? Why? WHY?!!?!

I rolled the blood elf lock on a normal realm for a change just to see the difference.

That's more like it. :) No point in restricting what your class is best at by creating it on a pve server.

• Advertisement

lol true but plenty of pvp in BG when i feel like it :)

Surely the ability to gank the living crap out of someone to the extent that they log off or create a character on your side just to whisper you a load of abuse makes it worth rolling a pvp server over having the ability to not get ganked on a pve server.

Yeah you are correct,i prefer pvp realms by far,my mains are on pvp but i just rolled on normal to try it out and along with that to try the one class i had yet to sample ie the warlock.

I didnt realise id enjoy the lock so much and now im stuck on a normal realm if i want to lvl this lock.

I could always role one on my mains realm but not sure if i want to start allover yet again.

Advertisement