Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 XDA Orbit

• 21-03-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I emailed to see if they would be getting the XDA Graphite in Ireland. They emailed back and said that they wouldnt be getting the Graphite BUT that they would be getting the XDA Orbit. From the specs it looks like an excellent phone (WM2005, GPS, WiFi) but I was wondering if anybody had any hands-on experience with this phone or had an inside scoop on O2s pricing for this phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Beano wrote:
    I emailed to see if they would be getting the XDA Graphite in Ireland. They emailed back and said that they wouldnt be getting the Graphite BUT that they would be getting the XDA Orbit. From the specs it looks like an excellent phone (WM2005, GPS, WiFi) but I was wondering if anybody had any hands-on experience with this phone or had an inside scoop on O2s pricing for this phone.

the o2 xda orbit is the same phone as the htc artemis/p3300.

no experience of it myself but I was considering getting the artemis a few months ago but didn't because I wasn't sure about the 200mhz TI omap processor and the micro-sd slot is buried under the sim card.

it does have wifi, bluetooth, sirf star iii gps and fm tuner in a nice form factor making it a fairly attractive device otherwise. no 3g/hsdpa unfortunately.

it also will probably come loaded with satnav software e.g copilot with t-mobile/tom-tom with the artemis itself-not sure what o2 intend putting on it tbh (maybe copilot).

you could hold out for the htc kaiser in the next few months which will have all the above and 3g/hsdpa and slider qwerty (basically a thinner tytn with hsdpa).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

The kaiser does look nice alright. A lot like the i-mate k-jam I have now except a bit thinner and it has gps. Any idea if the phone companies will be offering it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Beano wrote:
    The kaiser does look nice alright. A lot like the i-mate k-jam I have now except a bit thinner and it has gps. Any idea if the phone companies will be offering it?

no sorry, haven't heard anything.
    I wouldn't expect them to bring it out any time soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Beano wrote:
    Any idea if the phone companies will be offering it?

I think it's safe to say, in Ireland at least, that most likely nobody will be offering these kind of devices. For the number they would sell, I think the phone company's consider these very niche.

I had to buy my O2 Atom on the 'net, I don't even think it is available anywhere in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aikon

I see that O2 are now offering the XDA Orbit. Though, sat nav is separate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

aikon wrote:
    I see that O2 are now offering the XDA Orbit. Though, sat nav is separate.
    179 Euro separate! They should realy combine the prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ciaranfo wrote:
    179 Euro separate! They should realy combine the prices!

you can get genuine sat nav software from ebay for half that price even less.

Is it the same as what O2 are selling or better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thinking about getting the HTC P3300 myself. Most of the reviews seem positive enough although there is a lot of mixed opinions on the "RollR" thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I had a look at the O2 online shop and I cant see it. Can somebody post a link to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I have the XDA Neo which is the model before the Orbit. It's the exact same spec except mine doesn't have GPS built in or doesn't have the rollerball. It's a great phone/pda. I've no complaints with it except maybe the processor is a little slow but its possible to overclock it. I use GPS via a bluetooth dongle and it works good. WiFi works greats, can even stream stuff from my PC using Orb which is great if you are sitting on the jacks :D Battery lasts 2-3 days depending on usage.

Beano wrote:
    I had a look at the O2 online shop and I cant see it. Can somebody post a link to it?

I think you have to call the business department of o2 to get that phone.Its only out the last week or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

drdre wrote:
    I think you have to call the business department of o2 to get that phone.Its only out the last week or 2.

Its only available in store at the moment. Its not available online.

Shredneck wrote:
    Its only available in store at the moment. Its not available online.

Yes thats what i said, only in stores and through business agents of o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

drdre wrote:
    Yes thats what i said, only in stores and through business agents of o2.
    Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Narrowed it down to this:

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=142813

http://www.expansys.ie/b.aspx?i=130765

Or wait for this to arrive:
    http://www.expansys.ie/b.aspx?i=145682

Gps would be handy but not to important.

Does anyone know how much the xda orbit is on o2 billpay upgrade.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

a bundle deal with the XDA and copilot is under consideration as far as i know.

JNive wrote:
    a bundle deal with the XDA and copilot is under consideration as far as i know.

Do you know how much it is without sat nav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

im not in the loop with regards to prices in general :-)

• Advertisement

JNive wrote:
    im not in the loop with regards to prices in general :-)

No problem

It's roughly the same price as the Exec .. I think it's about €450-€650 ... best bet is to ring a store to get the latest prices though.

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's roughly the same price as the Exec .. I think it's about €450-€650 ... best bet is to ring a store to get the latest prices though.

Wow thats expensive, i think i read somewhere between 250-300 on upgrade.i think i might be wrong

Advertisement