Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 24

• 21-03-2007 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

At a press conference earlier today, it was announced that WrestleMania 24 will take place at Orlando’s famed Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium, marking just the second time in history that sports-entertainment’s crown jewel will be held at an outdoor venue.

On March 30, 2008, the Citrus Bowl will hold more than 70,000 screaming WWE fans when WrestleMania invades Orlando. Be sure to check back here later today as WWE.com continues to update you on this historic announcement.
    Credit: WWE.com
    In TNA's back garden. Not just a coincidence I think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

In TNA's back garden.

I don't think that matters to the WWE a great deal. Basically they have gone back to the "stadium Wrestlemania" and they think Orlando Florida is a big enough market to sell 70,000 odd tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I wouldn't say TNA has anything to do with this.

It's more interesting to note that Florida is also The Rock's back garden so fingers crossed he'll be on the card next year in some shape or form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

could also be a case of warmer climate in march suits everyone better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Much prefer the 'stadium Wrestlemania' nothing like seeing that opening shot on PPV of 60,000+ fans converging at a wrestling event. I never got why they scaled down the size of the arena they used during 20-23. The product was in decline no doubt, but for Wrestlemania, I think they will always be able to shift at least 50,000 seats. Surprisingly this will be the first Wrestlemania to be held ion Florida. Actually that was probably always due to it being WCW's stomping ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah and announcing this in Florida is basically telling TNA they are no threat whatsoever to WWE.
    All going well I'll be in the Citrus Bowl next year, along with both a ROH and FIP doubleshot.
    Book it Gabe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'll hopefully be over in Orlando arounf 'Mania time next year, so i'm def gonna be trying to get tickets. Hopefully Trips won't be injured next year! Mania is gonna suck this year without him (wel its not, but it won't be the same without him), hopefully he'll make do a promo or the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

if it was another ppv that they were going to be holding there I would have said that maybe it was a little more than a coincidence.
    However with something like wrestlemania,WWE will not have a problem shifting 70,000 tickets.They would sell even more if it was 70,000+

The current capacity is 65-70 thousand depending on seating configuration. They could add another few thousand on the pitch. Should be a cracker in the outdoor arena. Hope it doesn't rain, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Been plannin a trip for the last few months since I heard the Orlando rumour, hopefully I can catch some TNA aswell.

Gonna try to go on the WWE package costs a fair bit but would be an unreal experience.

Hope to see some of you lads there next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Double C wrote:
    Yeah and announcing this in Florida is basically telling TNA they are no threat whatsoever to WWE.

Give them the next year............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was the mayor of Orlando who went to WWE looking for them to have WM in the city, so I'm guessing it's him who's not a TNA fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Ive been giving TNA the next year for 2 years now, Id love to see them get onto some sort of parity with WWE but its never going to happen...unless there is a complete back stuff over hual. Lets keep wishing ;)

I agree wit Double C, TNA has had long enough, but instead of continuing what they were doing right in 04/05, they attempted to copy WWE's style. I'm close to wishing that they fail all together. It's been said enough that WWE have upped their game, lets hope it cintinues after 'Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i'm goin i got the tickets 2day yeeeeesssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 deathray 4000

going where? wrestlemania 24 tickets arent on sale till late summer (at least) and if you mean 23 you should have gotten your tickets a while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Here is Roughly what i plan to do next year :

Fly to orlando on thurs 27 mar 08 or fri mar 08.
    Stay for the wm weekend.
    On Tuesday 1st april or Wed 2 nd april Hire a mustang convertable and drive down to maimi.
    Stay in maimi for 3 to 5 nights and drive back up to orlando via st peterburg on the sat or sun.
    Then stay a few more days in orlando before headin back home on wed 9th or thurs 10th.

What do u think of that, :D

Advertisement