Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

going rate for a '00 Fiesta

Options
  • 21-03-2007 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to help someone out and find some basic wheels for them.
    Looking at this this evening - just wondered what sort of price this should go for? They're asking 3,900 - I would have thought it should be going for half this?
    Its a private sale down the country.

2000 FIESTA LX, 52k, NCT 03/08, one lady owner, immaculate condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

Eurorunner wrote:
    2000 FIESTA LX, 52k, NCT 03/08, one lady owner, immaculate condition.

what condition is the car in :D

what engine size is it and is it 3 or 5 door. The (1.3l engines were supposed to be poor.)the mileage isn't bad for a 7 yo car

I dont think its too bad a price for that mileage. You'll probably knock 400 or more off it if you haggle, theres a lot of fiestas out there. Make sure it really is a private sale. theres a lot of people importing cars and selling them on privately. Cartell.ie will let you do a basic check. I've never used it others may be able to comment if its worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yeah I'm thinking 3500 or 3600 would be a good deal for yourself and the seller. Seeing as it's a lady owner might be good to check that the car has actually seen a service since it left the showroom back in 2000 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

dil999 wrote:
    what condition is the car in :D
    what engine size is it and is it 3 or 5 door.
    Condition was very good - well above average. Its got the 1.2l zetec engine/alloys/ac.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Eurorunner wrote:
    Condition was very good - well above average. Its got the 1.2l zetec engine/alloys/ac.

If it has alloys and air con then it sounds like it is a higher spec model than the LX, possibly a Zetec or Ghia.

I would try and get it for €3,400 if it checks out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

bazz26 wrote:
    If it has alloys and air con then it sounds like it is a higher spec model than the LX, possibly a Zetec or Ghia.

I would try and get it for €3,400 if it checks out ok.

Or, it could possibly be an ex-UK car. Nothing wrong with that, just examine the usual spots like wheel arches, bottom of doors, etc for any signs of rust.

Also, check if it has the heated front windscreen too - its a very handy item on these.

I agree with Bazz, €3,400 or €3,500 would be a fair price if you can get it at that. These are a great little car - I bought one of these recently for the other half, and I'm very impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Eurorunner wrote:

Start the negotiations by offering €3.4k :D

Even at full asking price of €3.9l it is not a bad deal for a car in that condition. It will be very easy to sell on again in a couple of years time

Last year I sold a '99 Fiesta 1.3LX with low mileage for €3k. No alloys, no A/C and the old 8V 1.3 engine - not the new 16V 1.25l, but I priced it at a very realistic level (lower than most hugely inflated prices on carzone) and it sold itself within days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Check all the electrics are working - I hear some people have trouble with the central locking and the rear wiper among other things. Also check the heating's working - the heater control valve is well known for breaking in these Fiestas (broke in mine and cost €50 for a new one), and if it is working ask if it's already been replaced (I don't know why those feckin things weren't recalled! :mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Yes indeed heater control always going in those feckin cars among other electrical faults - also some issues with the steering rack - also a complete boll1x if you need to change a tyre - spare is clamped underneath the car and is very hard to remove and put back in any kind of a hurry and tyre can also get easily damaged - if it's the 1.3 engine I really wouldn't bother it's noisy and not very economical.
    Save yourself the grief and get a Skoda Fabia 16v

Advertisement