Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Telstar 12 5W

• 21-03-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

What Size of Dish do i need to recieve Telstar 12 @5W ?

My location is cork city,

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I'd go with a 1m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes for feeds & rain. Though when it clear an 80cm will work.

I presume you mean 15W?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

I'm watching MSNBC feed rightnow with a 1,1m motorized Triax dish.
    Signal breaks up only in very heavy rain and storm.
    And Telstar12 is positioned @ 15°w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

ya , i meant to say 15W, in only realised the following day.. just as well i mentioned telstar 12 :)

i thought i had a spare 85cm in the loft, i took it down today, and was gonna try it out with a FTA lidl box that is around the house, (i'm off sick from work all week and i'm getting bored), anyway.. the dish is 65cm, not 85cm.. so taht plan went out the window :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

watty wrote:
    yes for feeds & rain. Though when it clear an 80cm will work.

I presume you mean 15W?

will my 90cm dish work ? also whats worthwhile watching on 15w?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

90cm will work most of the time. theres a few feeds of nbc and msnbc but the nbc feed (dad-5) is biss encrypted now. have a look at lyngsat for other channels available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

tapfit2004 wrote:
    90cm will work most of the time. theres a few feeds of nbc and msnbc but the nbc feed (dad-5) is biss encrypted now. have a look at lyngsat for other channels available.
    is it more difficult to line up to telstar 12 15W? than hotbird? is the signal a strong one from 15W?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The bigger a dish is the harder to align it. It's not particularly hard to get, but aligning a 1.1m dish on *ANYTHING* is harder than a Skymini dish :)

Advertisement