Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive game you've bought?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Stalfos wrote:
    Do online games like mmrpgs count because i played final fantasy xi all last year and have spent over 160 paying for the monthly subscription.
    was just thinking the same.
    €25ish for WoW, followed by €13 every month since July...:(

Think I paid €60 for Metroid Prime 2 in gamestop on the launch date, I've learnt my lesson now and go to Smyths for launch day games (they're usually €5-€10 cheaper before you even use the loyalty card)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Sharkbte

< 90
    I say just the gamecube games or the wii games. 60 euro. No bigy. And who the hell would buy a game for 150 :| Unless it was limited edition or somethin... but still, its a bit expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cozmo

< 150
    €75 for dead rising on the day. Because of my sheer devotion for DR im avbout the 15 or 16 best DR player in ireland. Check the leaderboards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Been playing Eve online for a year and a half so thats what 250 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Donkey Kong 64 was like £69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

< 90
    50 euro.

Oblivion.

Dissapointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

£85 for virtua racing on the megadrive. Least I was the only one in school to have it so I could lie and say it was amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

< 150
    Kristok wrote:
    £85 for virtua racing on the megadrive. Least I was the only one in school to have it so I could lie and say it was amazing.

It was amazing, still a great game to play and a much better converison than the saturn game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

probably house of the dead on the dreamcast, cause i had to buy a lightgun with it. Ill always remember that game for having hands down, the WORST voice acting ive ever heard. It was so bad it made Resident evil 1 on the ps1 look like shakespeare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Slurms wrote:
    Dunno bout me but one of the lads in work bought that Steel Battalion thing. The massive controller and whatnot. I'd say that cost a pretty penny!
    A bit off topic but I actually won one of those off RTE and sold it on boards .It was ****e to be honest.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

FutureGuy wrote:
    Street Fighter II Turbo-Metal Shiny Box Edition 82 punts :eek:

This was back in the day whe 82 punts meant something too! And people moan about the price of XBOX360 games :D

That box was cool, with the little street fighter II turbo badge aswell!! Paid around £90 for it (well, my parents did!!) when it came out.

Wasnt the metal box a limited edition?? How many were released??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

super street fighter 2 for the snes on import - maddens in cork,

cant remember how much but it was twice the rrp of an irish game.did come with the adaptor though.i loved sf2 back then. still do now actually

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Slurms wrote:
    Dunno bout me but one of the lads in work bought that Steel Battalion thing. The massive controller and whatnot. I'd say that cost a pretty penny!

You could always get Steel Beasts for $125 (Mil-grade simulator available to public), and the control handles from AFVSim, for about $1,200.
    Desktop%20M1A1_2%20(Small).jpg

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

< 150
    Hey Balfa,

Long time no see buddy, how're you doing over there? My most expensive game was Street Fighter II - Special Championship Edition for the Mega Drive - IR£63, I think. It was well worth it though. I spent so many hours playing that game and managed to complete it using all the characters on the highest difficulty rating. It took 6 hours solid play when using Dhalsim to do it!

kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

< 150
    I paid about 80ish for the collectors edition of Oblivion for the 360 in HMV. Twas a bit expensive tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

< 90
    I've never spent more than €45 on a game - apart from the total amount I've spent on World of Warcraft subscriptions. /huggles GAME staff discount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Twas Steel Battalion for me, think it was about €150 or so.
    The game wasn't even all that great tbh, but the controller was incredibly fun. I loved the little plastic cover on the eject button too.
    Starting to regret selling it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

^^ Steel battalion too, the 2 versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

< 90
    MS Flightsim 2004, for just a tad over €60 iirc.
    Think it's the only game I've sprung over €60 for... but then again, if you count all the games I payed ~45 punt for... mmmeh. :/
    Now days the highest I'll go is €40 and only if I've been looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

< 90
    Quake Special edition might have been around fifty quid in old money but I generally refuse to pay over 60 euro for any game.

Oh and I don't think any game that comes with hardware qualifies. So not Guitar Hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

> 150 !!
    Most expensive game I ever bought was, funnily enough 2nd hand albeit un-used. I'm factoring in the exchange rate of the british pound vs. the euro as well.

StarWars Galaxies: Collectors edition - think I paid about £90. Came with a load of stuff out of the box and extra in-game content that only those with collectors edition serial numbers could use (but everyone could see)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,890 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I paid €70 for a second-hand copy of Ico on eBay, which Sony reissued six months later. Still, at least I have my "art cards", cheap as chips at €40!
    I found that (with the art cards) for €10 in gamestop in waterford! Couldn't believe it!

Advertisement