Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone's BT been atrocious lately?

Options
  • 21-03-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

In the Co. Wexford area at least?

Day after day for the past fortnight or so mine has slowed to a crawl, I'm having numerous connection and disconnection issues, can't access certain sites and connection drops when I try to get into them.

Its so bloody frustrating :mad: :mad: :mad:

To top it off I've been trying access my own webspace via FTP for most of the day but not a chance in hell of doing so.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

No trouble here. Is it me or are people having trouble with BT pretty much everywhere outside Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Mine has been terrible for a few weeks now. I'm in Swords, Dublin. Have had no luck getting online before 10pm the last few days. It was like this a few weeks back and got better again (not 100% though).

Logged a fault last night (about this time) about it, no luck there. rang tech support this evening, and they had a recording acknowledging they were habing BB problems yesterday and today and they were working on it.

Hope it improves soon, the family is really annoyed with not having internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Have BT for nearly 3 years now and tonight is the first time I have experienced any problems. First occasion was this evening about 1730 and again tonight at about 2200 and again now 2325. I am in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tried to get on this evening at around 7.30 and no chance...constant disconnects again. Gave up after tern minutes and left it. It is fine now again. This has been going on for weeks now...service is gone to sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

somnium wrote:
    In the Co. Wexford area at least?

Day after day for the past fortnight or so mine has slowed to a crawl, I'm having numerous connection and disconnection issues, can't access certain sites and connection drops when I try to get into them.

Its so bloody frustrating :mad: :mad: :mad:

To top it off I've been trying access my own webspace via FTP for most of the day but not a chance in hell of doing so.

Anyone else?

I have BT broadband in Co Wexford. Connectivity has deteriorated serioulsy in the past month or so. For example it is almost impossible to get a connection between 8pm and 10pm. My modem is working properly, dsl solid green etc. If you look at other threads below you will see that you are not alone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It sounds as if they are short of capacity and cant cope with peak demands.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

are you using any router with it?! Mine was dropping constantly (around every 5 seconds) for the past month. Changed the ip settings around on the router, did a driver update and its been working fine. Prior to this, wireless was fine just hard wired was dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 somnium

No I'm not using a router.

Another strange problem since yesterday is I can't connect to Xbox Live (my IP Address keeps failing - Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server. make sure that the addresses are available on your server). Then, if I recall correctly I think that has allways failed but I've allways been able to connect :confused::confused::confused:

Don't know what the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ludo wrote:
    Tried to get on this evening at around 7.30 and no chance...constant disconnects again. Gave up after tern minutes and left it. It is fine now again. This has been going on for weeks now...service is gone to sh*t.

Yep mine has been like this since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

mine has disconnected me a few times for varying lengths of time over the last few days alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Had it for about 3 years or so by now and have not had any problems with it until the last few months.

I had it down for 4 days in February which was very annoying. Spent 20 minutes or so on hold before I gave in and asked for a call back. Magically I reset everything after the call (after doing so all day long for the previous 4 days) and it was fixed. 5 minutes later I get the call back :/

It has been dropping a lot recently, being down for an hour or so at a time or, like at the moment, completly down for no reason whatsoever. The DSL light is green and the loop back seems OK but it just doesnt seem to get connected to the PPPOE server or get any ip or anything.

If they dont fix this problem I can see a lot of people changing to other providers. I know I have been very tempted over the last few months to do so!

I am on the Sutton exchange in D13.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Westie123

Hello,

Same with me. I live near Cork city and the connection has been getting steadily worse for the past few weeks. Last night could not connect until approx. 11.15 pm.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

for the last couple weeks from around 6 pm onwards my bt wireless modem is showing a red light and not allowing me connect! Been able to sign on tonight ok well for now anyway....it's so frustrating - been on hold for 1 hr trying to get through to their tec support!!! Total crap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's bad in Limerick as well, for a number of weeks. Peak times say 5-11pm you can't pull up a webpage or connect to a site.

It's not DSL sync or anything to do with upstream/downstrea, S/N ratio...it's to do with the servers and the fact you can't make a connection.

Which is weird....because i can download a file at full pelt, over 300K down...but web pages are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Came home this evening after work and just restarted my modem, router and wifi and it appears to be back running at full speed.

It may have only been down for a day or two but thats still a day or two too long. It never used to be like this, these problems seem to have only started in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

My router crashed when I connected someone's laptop to it (I blame the router for that though), and it took a good few minutes for the LCP (whatever that is) to go back up and reconnect properly. Besides that I've had no trouble, and I've been online most evenings recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

mine's bad in cork as well, outages (red light) and slow speeds for a few weeks. Only signed up to them a few months ago and everyone seems to have probs with them since i did :( ah well...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yeah im getting the LCP issue as well at bout 9pm each night in swords, just drops the connection and fails for bout ten minutes then comes back up after i reset it a few times...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'm in South Dublin and mine's been down a lot in the evenings (which is really only time its used ) these last few weeks. I /dDid have some problems before then with name servers but I added eircom and opendns ones to get round that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I have had problems for years where signal drops lots of time. I have put it down to having one of the Zyxel modems and using an extension lead. I do recall contacting iol before and was looking for a new modem which they wanted to charge me 100 squid . I told them that I could go to Eircom and same for free. His hands were tied. A mate of mine plays poker all the time and he uses dialup because siganl keeps dropping.

Would it be any better going to Eircom and getting bundle ? How much hassle is it to change over. After many billing problems i always swore that if any further problems occured I would leave. Seems like a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz1989

somnium wrote:

Anyone else?

They blocked my use of FTP aswell and i use it alot:mad:

Advertisement