Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom exchanges

Options
  • 21-03-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Folks, does anybody know if there is a timeframe set out by eircom as to when they will be upgrading the exchanges they announced last year ? The latest news on there website is for July last year !

p.s. its the patrickswell, co.limerick exchange im interested in.

p.p.s anyone have a link to some kind of survey map that would show the actual location of the exchange ?

oleras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

this may help its only rough i know but you should be able to check it out, a guy in east limk. doon, is taking a broadband signal from the e.s.b. site at ballysimon then sending it on by line of sight, dunno much more, my scource is the guy who runs cathridge revival, caherconlish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My local exchange is Turloughmore, Galway. latest date for upgrade is June, i'm not holding my breath though.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

mine is readypenny ,louth and it aint even on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Galwayrush,

I am on the Turloughmore exchange as well, and it was originally supposed to be last June. I suppose time will tell...

Best Regards
    Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Ok, 6 months into the year, from the list of 100 ( the first list last year ) how many exchanges have been upgraded for broadband ? Anybody know ? I know mine has not............. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The eircom exchange upgrade programs announced in oct/nov last year and in march this year , and totalling over 400, are designed to block expansion by wireless operators and not to provide a broadband service to eircom customers in a timely manner. In over 6 months since the first of these announcement my understanding is that the program has delivered 0 upgraded exchanges in total.

The entire program will take until at least 2010/2011 to complete.

Advertisement