Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ADVERTS SUGGESTION] Accomodation sharing etc

Options
  • 22-03-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I know there's a few sites on the web for accomodation and property but they don't seem to focus on sharing of accomodation, because selling/buying is a bigger market. How about adding a accomodation renting/sharing to adverts? From all the sites I have looked at this was distinctly week aspect to the propty pages. This would give ppl a chance to advertise that they are looking for accomodation or someone who has a room to rent to advertise also.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds like a good idea, I'll ask Cloud to pass his Big-Brain-O-Adverts over it and see if he thinks it can be done. If it can then I'll set it up.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

In the meantime the accommodation forum does allow for non-commercial adverts of such a nature, though I agree it would be better put into adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It could be fairly good. One suggestion I would make would be to try and incorporate google maps, although I suppose you could just link it.

I can't find anything on integrating googlemaps into PhotoPost Classifieds (just some people saying it would be great if it was done) so you'd have to hack that up before it could be done.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I had a good look into this this afternoon and someone has beaten me to the punch and put a load of Accomodation stuff up online but just not live yet. I suspect that that person is Cloudie and when I get a chance to talk to him I will ask him. But it seems your request is about to be fulfilled and indeed was already on its way. MyHome.ie, beware. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

that's cool, never expected something that quick tbh.

BTW the google hack thing would be class, something like daft uses.

Skud wrote:
    BTW the google hack thing would be class, something like daft uses.
    If you can code, give it a go yourself. If you can't, hopefully someone who can will read this and find the problem interesting enough to deal with (personally my no-work coding to-do list is pretty jammed for the next while).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talliesin wrote:
    though I agree it would be better put into adverts.ie
    Agreed. I just don't want to be mod ..... or maybe I might and drop the discussion board.

Advertisement