Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Street Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A Stay fo 2 to 3 nights is normal for a first baby.
    It can be very trying as it is not your own bed in your own house and the place is very warm and can be very noisey.
    Best thing that can be done it is to try make sure that the new Mam has very thing she needs to keep her rested and from getting burnt out and bored tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Man1..... We had our baby at the Rotunda last year , couldn't fault the wards/staff at all , please don't worry yourself. My wife reckoned the bathrooms etc were spotless

As a man got the feeling I was a slight second class citizen , partly because the only gents toilet was the terrible little one in reception.

As I said in my earlier post the only thing I found was the toilets in reception , and the ladies were worse. Got the feeling people used them as a public toilets walking in off the street .

Please don't worry too muc , enjoy the moment I thought it was great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maryjane1

regarding temple street and the long wait to be seen. last year my son was sick before christmas. i knew what it was because my older son had the same thing when he was younger i was sent home with him even though he was obviously really ill. the next day i brought him back and he was admitted. when we got to the ward the doctor told me i should not have left it so long to bring him in!

a few weeks later my daughter was really sick i brought her to temple street and was told it was a viral infection and sent home. the next day i brought her back as i knew something wasnt right with her. i was told it was a kidney infection and sent home again. again the next night i brought her back and they admitted her as she had a very serious infection that was spreading up towards her brain. the doctors were so worried they arranged to send her to the mater for an mri. yet i had been sent home twice already with her.

my point is (finally) almost everytime i have been there with my kids i meet at least one person who has been there and sent home. surely this doesnt help with the waiting time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i was in temple street with my son two months was waiting five minutes , treated in 15 minutes and observation for 2 hours and then home....luckily the A+E was empty and five minutes after we arrived the A+E room filled up.

as for the cleanliness i found the hospital very clean and no cause for complaint. ive been in dirtier hospitals but personally if my childs health is cared for first i couldny give a **** about how clean the hospital is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

miju wrote:
    i....as for the cleanliness i found the hospital very clean and no cause for complaint. ive been in dirtier hospitals but personally if my childs health is cared for first i couldny give a **** about how clean the hospital is

MRSA can kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

miju wrote:
    as for the cleanliness i found the hospital very clean and no cause for complaint. ive been in dirtier hospitals but personally if my childs health is cared for first i couldny give a **** about how clean the hospital is

Strangest statement i've heard in a long time here on boards!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nothing strange about it , if im at hospital with my kid my primary and only concern if for his heatlh and well being , if there is rubbish about the place i couldnt care less as long as surfaces are clean which they always are in any of the hospitals ive been in (and ive spent many a LOOONNNNGG stint in Dublin hospitals with my child)

put it this way , if you child was hit by a car (god forbid) would you tell the ambulance driver not to go to temple street even though its closer because its slightly dirty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You had better experience of hospitals than I've had.

Advertisement