Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting your Superintendent

Options
  • 22-03-2007 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey folk's.. so who knows the best way to get to meet with and talk some sense to the local Superintendent? Calling hasnt worked, and writing and asking nicely hasnt worked. So is there some little rule and regulation I can throw out there that will force him to acknowledge me and at least allow me to meet with him....

Answers on a postcard, or better yet Answeres here please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

ironsight wrote:
    Hey folk's.. so who knows the best way to get to meet with and talk some sense to the local Superintendent? Calling hasnt worked, and writing and asking nicely hasnt worked. So is there some little rule and regulation I can throw out there that will force him to acknowledge me and at least allow me to meet with him....

Answers on a postcard, or better yet Answeres here please

Turn up with a bottle of Jameson and a box of Havanas :D ..... However, on a serious note ring his secretary and book an appointment and make sure he/she puts it in the diary. There is no excuse then not to meet you (unless a serious incident occurs & draws him away from the station)..

TJ911...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Even somtimes that might not work...You might get back an answer like " Oh the Super doesnt need to meet you as he has already made up his mind on this application."
    When asked for a yes or no on the application,you get I dont know,cant say type answer.Leaving you still none the wiser.

So if you do go the appointment route,and get that treatment,maybe get a solicitor to arrange the appointment for you.It is taken alot more seriously then,as they usually send a letter at 40 euros:rolleyes: to confirm that U will be showing up at the stated time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

19 phone calls and 3 letters later and I still cant get them to even acknowledge me, the same answer every time on the phone.

"yes, whats your number and we will call you"

Not good enough ! Does anyone know a rule or regulation I can quote that will force them to give me an appointment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

ironsight wrote:
    19 phone calls and 3 letters later and I still cant get them to even acknowledge me, the same answer every time on the phone.

That would boil my blood! and make me actually go down and
    sit in the station until I got to speak to him.

If you know anyone that works for your local paper they usually
    have a good relationship with the Local Supers and can get their ear
    nice an quick.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Solicitors letter to make an appointment at this stage.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement