Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bosses ever

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

After fighting gillgamesh in XII, i've got to see he's one of the best, funny intro and ending to the fight.

Yeah, gets my vote, great boss.

Beaten all FFXII bosses now, I'd still say Safer Sephiroth is the best but XII has some seriously epic battles, eseccially the optional summons like Zodiark and Ultima. In terms of sheer difficulty Yiazmat was insane, 50 million health and almost 3 hours, got him in the end though, possibly the hardest FF boss I've ever fought (though I've never spent the 100 hours playing FFX you need to beat Penance .. might do if I ever get a chance though!), then Omega was a bit of a letdown, took about 10 minutes, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I win

Favourite boss is a tough one, I can't commit, but this guy is always first that comes to mind. 2 mins 30 seconds in....

Also, listen to the music, it is perfection!!! Such an amazing moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Talk of FFX is making me wanna play it again.

Pity i have a ps3 40gb now and can't play ps2 games on it. Never got to play FFXII either :(

EDIT:

Wahey! have a ps2 now. preowned one from GAME was missing plug so they gave me a brand new one. Got FFX, FFXII and SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS still in original box with manual and postcards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DaithiDuil

My favorite has to be Ultros what a tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

Ruby had to be mine as well...Took me ages to beat him without using tricks and by tricks i don't mean cheating...Have ye heard of the 7777 trick...It's were you get all you characters to 7777health and when they attack the hit for that ammount 77 times each...Once i figured how to do this i went back and used it on him for the fun of it...Savage to look at...haha...I aint sharing how to do the trick either...haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

I remember when the 7777 trick activated for the first time, didn't have a clue what was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Klept0

Demon Gate looked pretty awesome in FF7 for it's time. Emerald was probably my fav, purely because when I sunk into the water for the first time I moved right into him without knowing. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sudsy86 wrote: »
    Ruby had to be mine as well...Took me ages to beat him without using tricks and by tricks i don't mean cheating...Have ye heard of the 7777 trick...It's were you get all you characters to 7777health and when they attack the hit for that ammount 77 times each...Once i figured how to do this i went back and used it on him for the fun of it...Savage to look at...haha...I aint sharing how to do the trick either...haha

Ruby is the most over rated....ever..... i had a stratagey that destroys him, It was with the master materia i think the name was??? and the w summon on one character, and mime on the other two, He would freeze to haedes effect and then i'd summoner kotr and have the other two use mime on him. It made this he easiest boss in the whole game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Ultros was excellent, the thing was a buffoon yet he always beat me the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Ruby is the most over rated....ever..... i had a stratagey that destroys him, It was with the master materia i think the name was??? and the w summon on one character, and mime on the other two, He would freeze to haedes effect and then i'd summoner kotr and have the other two use mime on him. It made this he easiest boss in the whole game

How does that strategy make Ruby the easiest boss in the game? Couldn't you use that strategy on most of the bosses (of the third disc anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it makes him the easiest because he only hit me once......

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

Sephiroth is the boss to end all bosses. What a cool mutha****a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Probably Kefka, I really hated him and he just wouldn't die. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kuja and Trance Kuja

Mainly for the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kildare Dude"91

i thought seymours like final form was the coolest boss purely for the music and the last boss from ff9 too for the moosic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

i thought seymours like final form was the coolest boss purely for the music and the last boss from ff9 too for the moosic :D

Final Jenova fight for similar musical reasons!:) But, of course, the best boss has to be Ultros! :D

the guy is a total legend like lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

karlr42 wrote: »
    Final Jenova fight for similar musical reasons!:) But, of course, the best boss has to be Ultros! :D

Gotta agree with the Jenova fight music. I'm actually using it as the alarm on my cellphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The guy in the safe in the Shinra Mansion was tough, worth it to get Odin early on though. Especially tough if you hadnt overlevelled.

I have more marks to kill in ff12, I think Giglamesh was the last one I killed. I like very much that they gave him actual voice acting (along with Balthier's enemy-can't remmeber his name).

Penance took an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Nevermind Odin, you needed it to get hold of Vincent.
    karlr42 wrote: »

Maybe not the best but Ultros was definitely the funniest boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Of course, I forgot about the key..

anyone no any good materia fusions for ff7 crisis core like??:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Omega Weapon from FFVIII was pretty hard. Without decent preparation I don't think anyone will be able to beat him easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I liked all the Dark Aeons. People using Yojimbo are cheaters and suck :P. Penance took me over a year, because even with maxed out stats he was still obscenely powerful. He also changed tactics as the fight went on. I think dark Anima or Dark Bahamut were probably more difficult though, comparatively speaking.

Gilgamesh in 12 was really, really fun. At level 50, hard as hell and Ekindu was there to distract you.

Emerald and Ruby weapons are easy as hell. Just W-summon hades and KOTR mime to paralyse him and kill him, and w-magic quadramagic demi did 80,000 to Emerald. When doing a game of FF7 where you run from every single fight you can, demon wall is the hardest.

Advertisement