Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with new build

Options
  • 22-03-2007 1:33am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nothing too major at the moment, I can live with them for a while, but thought that I'd ask to see if I can get it sorted.

When I'm playing any 3D game, every hour, on the hour, the game will minimise to the desktop. Most unusual.

When I boot up, my 800 memory is reported as 677.

These are my specs
    ABIT AW9D-MAX, I975X
    GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4 DDR2, 2048MB
    Core 2 Duo E6700

Thanks!

EDIT: Left out a word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

CatInABox wrote:
    Nothing too major at the moment, I can live with them for a while, but thought that I'd ask to see if I can get it sorted.

When I'm playing any 3D game, every hour, on the hour, the game will minimise to the desktop. Most unusual.

When I boot up, my 800 memory is reported as 677.

These are my specs
    ABIT AW9D-MAX, I975X
    GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4 DDR2, 2048MB
    Core 2 Duo E6700

Thanks!

EDIT: Left out a word.

are you using vista???

i was on a game forum the other day and der was a few saying their games randomly minimise after upgrading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Unusual that the RAM is running at DDR-2 667 because the Abit board does support DDR-2 800.

First item on the list of things to try is update the bios of the board, once done clear the CMOS (<-important) and go into the bios and make whatever changes you need to.

Now see if the RAM is detected properly, if not go into the bios and force it as DDR-2 800 & see what happens.

Next item to try is download and run Memtest+ leave it run for a few hours to make sure the RAM is okay.

If you are still having problems after that could be a driver issue or possibly the PSU is not up to the job of powering the 8800GTX what make is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is there any app running in the background when you're playing the game?

Odd one, this.

Advertisement