Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone HSDPA in Kilmeaden

• 22-03-2007 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all.

Just wanted to let everyone know that it seems that Vodafone have turned on the HSDPA signal in the Kilmeaden area today.

I’m getting between 1200kbps, to 1500kbps tonight, where all along I could only get the normal 380kbps 3G singal. Sweet stuff !!!!! It's very fast and seem very stable, even with only 2 bars of 3G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Is HSDPA not more like 3.6mbps ?

Thats what I was connected at in Carlow town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

is that where they make the cheese..?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes it is but thats ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

3.6mbps is a theoretical max for HSDPA just as 384kbps is a theoretical max for std 3G.. real world usage on averages usually differs from the advertised max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

voda is max 1.8 at the moment..3.6 due to be switched on next month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Anybody know if Vodafone have any plans to switch on 14.4 Mbps yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

14.4 will be at least a year down the road if not more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

well to be honest voda don't have any hardware available that supports 14.4

at the moment it is 1.8, due to move to 3.6 by end of april(subject to change)

7.2 is sometime after christmas and have no idea as to plans for 14.4 going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

voda is max 1.8 at the moment..3.6 due to be switched on next month
    is it not 1.4?

edit: yes it is
    vodafone wrote:
    It's fast - download speeds of up to 1.4Mbps**
    http://vodafone.ie/generic/3gbroadband.jsp?bannerdesc=home_image_P_3g_broadband_100107

Commander Vimes, it is actually "up to" 1.8 Mbps, however Vodafone are advertising it as 1.4 Mbps to avoid setting expectations too high, since this is the maximum typical speeds you will usually see.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, current HSDPA deployment support:

1.8 Mbps
    3.6 Mbps
    7.2 Mbps
    14.4 Mbps

Advertisement