Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime in Tokyo

Options
  • 22-03-2007 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

HI i was wondering , does anyone know where to buy Anime in Tokyo, like is there a big store or anything, i heard akihabara is a good place, but Where?

If anyone know can you give me some info?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How is your Japanese? I'd imagine very little of it would have English subtitles by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Black Jack

How is your Japanese? I'd imagine very little of it would have English subtitles by the way.

my japanese is poor, but still there has got to be some craziness here, i was in one place last night, but it had quite a small collection, only like half a floor, of a building :p , but there u go,

well if anyone knows anywhere let me know !?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Akihabara is the obvious place, but any electronics shop will also have anime DVDs etc (BIC camera is a likely spot). Some series come with optional English subtitles, but you'll have to be able to read the relevant kanji (字幕:英語) to know which ones.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

theres a very good place beside one of the softmap shops. when you get off the train head towards the sega arcade, dont cross the road, turn right. theres a softmap at the corner of a street down the road, its beside it. 7 stories of anime/manga goodness!! theres one across the road near the apple store too, 5 stories.

also, if your interested, theres a place near kfc, beside a maid cafe, where they sell game&watch gba micros, wonderswans, and US anime game titles, very cheap too

**Just realised, this is a year old post** gawwwwd

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This board just isn't very active, is it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thats cause everyone is reading manga/watching anime :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Black Jack wrote: »
    HI i was wondering , does anyone know where to buy Anime in Tokyo, like is there a big store or anything, i heard akihabara is a good place, but Where?

If anyone know can you give me some info?

thanks

Well Akihabara would be my main port of call - I've spent literally days wandering around there. It really depends on what you want. Cospa have their own store off the main street, but theres generally queues to get in :o(they open at 11am on Saturdays).

I suggest you wander in and out of every store and make sure you go all the way to the top of buildings, you'll never know what cool things you'll find. Beware of the stalls off the main street though, they can sell fairly dodge snuff stuff.

Advertisement