Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia D-Box

Options
  • 22-03-2007 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

What can you guys tell me about these? A mate tells me if I get one, I can cancel my NTL Digital, keeping just the basic package, and this little device will allow me view ALL the channels anyway?!

True?? Please say it is...

Also, If the above is do-able. What's the story if you have several tvs? I have a tv in the sitting room and bedroom - would one box do the trick??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

The D-Box was designed for German pay-tv "premiere" which is available via sat and cable. so first you must get the cable version.

There are a lot of s/w modifications available for the d-box. you can get a linux based operating system with an improved user interface.

in order to get your NTL channels for free i assume you need an "altered" ntl viewing card. afaik it is not possible to "emulate" the card within the operating system to get the channels for free. they are s/w solutions available where you connect some external hardware to it and this hw will read out the encryption keys of the german pay tv and decode in realtime.

i'm not sure if a multi room as sky it does would work. iirc there is only one RF-out. or you get a wireless SCART transmitter to the 2nd room. both of the rooms are watching then the same channel.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Of course, hacking pay-tv is illegal...

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

sorry guys have to close this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement