Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris Radio Problem

Options
  • 22-03-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Jumped into the car this morning to head to work and hit the old radio button and nothing......could not tune in a single FM station could only get long wave 252 and that makes tuburdy sound even worse if you get my drift..

Checked to see if the aerial was robbed but it is still screwed in tight...

Any idea what the prob might be? it's a 1999 and have not heard if this is a common problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

The aerial has probably fallen from the back of the radio and needs to be put back in.

It is easily pushed back in when you get the radio out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Any idea how difficult it is to get that radio out of the car? i know it's integrated but you can see the seem around where the radio sits...any pointers on getting it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

start by removing the panel below the radio, and you will see the screws for the above panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

My radio died completely in my Yaris, took it down the garage and they fixed it for free because my car had less than a certain mileage on it (17000 miles on it). I have heard the radio dying is a known problem on the Yaris. But have never heard of not being able to tune in b4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

racso1975 wrote:
    Any idea what the prob might be? it's a 1999 and have not heard if this is a common problem.

Thanks

The 3 fan/air/circulation twisty things all pull off, behind these are screws, remove the screws, then I think there's also another 2 or 4 screws on the edges of the centre console but these are visible, remove these also. It should then just slide, the whole centre console should pull out towards you. Be carefull not to break the clips at the top when removing and reinserting the console. Access to the back of the radio is easy once the centre console is out.

• Advertisement

hey tipsy mac thanks a million. Owe ya one. will let u know how i get on with it

hey tipsy mac thanks a million. Owe ya one. will let u know how i get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It has been known for the aeriel on 99-03 Yarises to leak water between the base and the roof of the car, the water then leaks THROUGH the coaxial cable and down through the cable. This sometimes means the low level radio/casette unit needs to be repaired and alwaysrequires a new cable to be fitted. Unusual for the reception to completely go all of a sudden because of this unless the headunit is broken or the lead simply unplugged (which is unlikely)

Advertisement