Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Good Vs. Ebil

Options
  • 22-03-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

So after a tired night of talking with Darc Kaahar in the Irish channel he said "i don't think there is a good side in this war" i was wondering is there a good side or a bad side, or is it just dependent on the side you support. So any neutrals out there that would like to shed some light on this matter. BoB Side or Coalition side? Good and Bads of both. And what would Eve be like if (a) BoB won and claimed all of 0.0 , or (b) the coalition won. Would the coalition last long afterwards? Would former coalition corps become bob 'pets' ? Lets hear what the common pod pilot has to say. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There is no right and wrong side. How's that for an answer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

I think it is difficult to gauge if there will be any winners or losers in this war. Its good that there is a Coalition there to keep the march of BoB in check, as I think it would be a shame for one Alliance & bad for EvE to control the majority of 0.0 Public opinion has always viewed BoB in a negative manner & hasn't been helped by the recent fallout from the GM's abuse of their position.

If for instance the Coalition did defeat BoB, I think the Coalition would fragment into the power vacuum that the defeat of BoB would create and would result in the outbreak of a "civil war" between the rival mega corps of the Coalition.

Ultimately economics will win this war and it will be down to the Alliance with the largest amount of ISK and game-time card sales using real money to generate ISK that will win. IMO I think game-time cards should be banned as a method of payment to play EvE as they have the power to artificially upset the economy of EVE, but I'm sure my view would be seen as very unpopular!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

BoB are evil of course...

Cause I'm a good guy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it is difficult to gauge if there will be any winners or losers in this war. Its good that there is a Coalition there to keep the march of BoB in check, as I think it would be a shame for one Alliance & bad for EvE to control the majority of 0.0 Public opinion has always viewed BoB in a negative manner & hasn't been helped by the recent fallout from the GM's abuse of their position.

If for instance the Coalition did defeat BoB, I think the Coalition would fragment into the power vacuum that the defeat of BoB would create and would result in the outbreak of a "civil war" between the rival mega corps of the Coalition.

This is what makes Eve better then any other MMO around today. Its like reading a description of actual politics in a real life situation.

As for BoB, from someone who never had any interaction with them (or 0.0 space for that matter), i had always heard that they were considered the 'bad' guys, in that they used some seriously dirty tactics. Dunno if half of it is true, and if it is, i'm sure the 'good' guys do some of it too, but it left me distrusting anything BoB did.

As for one major Alliance controlling all of 0.0 space, if it did happen and BoB win, will it always be like that? Could you have a BoB against, literally, everyone, on a universe wide scale to win our/their freedom back? Cause that would be cool. Or would it be BoB in total dominance, until their own Alliance broke down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I always view BoB as the bad guys, even though I haven't had much dealings with either side of the war.

I hope the coalition win the war so they break up and leave 0.0 fragmented like crazy. Loads of lil wars strikes me as more fun then one big war.

I don't really understand all this game-card thing, someone please explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This is interesting. Last I heard BoB had finished off ASCN and were chewing up the remnants. Whats this new coalition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Dont care ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

bizmark wrote:
    Dont care ;p

Where the feck have you been? Show yourself in the irish room ya bastid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your average empire hugger this all means dick. As far as they are concerned anyone in 0.0 = They get shot at. Doesn't matter who it is. They are too busy staring at their home space station wondering how they got there to think "Oh, those evil bobs got me again".

The only thing that is certain is that empires come and go.

Zillah wrote:
    This is interesting. Last I heard BoB had finished off ASCN and were chewing up the remnants. Whats this new coalition?

Coalition is is the guys in the south east/east.

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/UNL/influence.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

BoB = The Galactic Empire
    Everyone else = The Rebel Alliance

Bagsy being Ren's R2D2 ! I can just hang out and make hilarious quips that no-one apart from the golden Darc understands!

R0ot wrote:

Ya soon™

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

BoB generally have a reputation up there with Gary Glitter, whereas the coalition have successfully protrayed themselves as a plucky band of heroes fighting for the good of all mankind in a desperate struggle against a souless empire.

Theres an even distribution of gimps and sound people on both sides, and if youre not blue you get podded by both sides so to a neutrals point of view theyre as good or bad as each other. Personally though I hope BoB lose - the Band of Developers jibe is an exaggeration but smoke/fire - the upshot of that recent CCP employee ruckus was that the Dev had abused his role to the benefit of his corp/alliance, with or without their knowledge. The Dev in question had his character renamed, the guy who rumbled him got his account banned. BoB and the corporation in question retained the benefit of that Devs actions [if not the BPOs themselves]. Justice I guess.

Also, whilst their use of spies/turncoats and plain out and out PvP power is admirable, if BoB win one power dominates the majority of 0.0, whereas if BoB lose then the coalition will eventually split and 0.0 gets a little more open.

R0ot wrote:

Bet he's sulking since I left :p

I did <3 the khan

<3 the Khan alllll night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

bob = cheaters

i dont understand how anyone can defend them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Baseless accusations do nothing to help. If they cheat prove it and report them.

Hobbes wrote:
    Baseless accusations do nothing to help. If they cheat prove it and report them.

ummm t20, sabre BPO, polaris frigs scouting pos's ? any of this ring a bell

• Advertisement

That was just a few people, to tarnish a huge Alliance because of the actions of a few is a knee jerk reaction.`

How the alliance reacts to those members is what we will and have judged it by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

tba wrote:
    That was just a few people, to tarnish a huge Alliance because of the actions of a few is a knee jerk reaction.`

Yeah, take me for example I like to kill retriver's afk while watching the bill with one drone :eek: .'Oh no he didn't' Oh yes i did bish, whats up now y0! I'm that good. My Alliance has a strict no piracey rule thingy cause we is all meant to have morals and stuff. But I am like a rebel and **** so like 'I say **** you I won't do what you tell me' like that lad with the dreads from rage against the machine who's always very upset about something. But my actions might tarnish the good reptition of my wonderful and upstanding allaince, and that would not be fair. I don't know what my point was really, just wanted to tell you all about my uber ORE mining barge buggery.

kyp_durron wrote:
    Yeah, take me for example I like to kill retriver's afk while watching the bill with one drone :eek: .'Oh no he didn't' Oh yes i did bish, whats up now y0! I'm that good. My Alliance has a strict no piracey rule thingy cause we is all meant to have morals and stuff. But I am like a rebel and **** so like 'I say **** you I won't do what you tell me' like that lad with the dreads from rage against the machine who's always very upset about something. But my actions might tarnish the good reptition of my wonderful and upstanding allaince, and that would not be fair. I don't know what my point was really, just wanted to tell you all about my uber ORE mining barge buggery.

sounds like someone is a level 68 orc warrior wizard mage what

Renesco wrote:
    sounds like someone is a level 68 orc warrior wizard mage what

I was a lvl 39 Mage with a blingin' robe that gave you some really good bonui bish. So don't step.

kyp_durron wrote:
    I was a lvl 39 Mage with a blingin' robe that gave you some really good bonui bish. So don't step.

bish plz, i'll cast a spell on you and THEN we'll see who's gonna step when your -4 agility and -2 perception you w0nt h1t sh1t w1th ur n1gg4 sp3llz 4ft3r i c4st my l33t w1z4rd pwn on you so plz t4lk t0 th3 h4nd .......

lol xelas

Maddzy wrote:
    lol xelas

LMAO. They'll kill you IRL for using WCS, it's true and if you don't post your lost ship mail they'll cut the head off your kittens.

i heard this one time this guy in xelas used 8 wcs on a geddon and he lost the geddon cos and they found out they beat him to death in real life and killed his family and once they found out a member of bob was using wcs and they invaded delve and conquered it and now bob has to pay xelas to live in delve like and sign a contract saying you cant use wcs anymore cos if xelas find out again they will revoke bobs travel rights in delve so be carefull they have spies and real power like not just internets power but real power like gangsta's i hear they are making a xelas rap video with busta rhymes and mariah carey dressed up as megathrons lol thats just what i heard like

• Advertisement

lol wut?

Advertisement