Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line rental?

Options
  • 22-03-2007 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

In light of Esat's recent awful service I'm thinking of possibly going with Eircom (the 3mb package, think its about €49 per month).

Thing is though, is the cost of the landline included in the aforementioned package?

With BT I'm paying €52 per month and that includes the cost of Eircoms landline which is 'signed' over to them.

I don't really fancy going back to the days of paying almost €50 for line rental and another €45 or so for a broadband subscription.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Nope. You've got to pay line rental on top of that. I'm on the 2MB package at the moment and it costs me about 52 euro monthly including line rental.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There doesn't seem to be a bundle for the 3Mb product.
    eircom broadband home starter (1MB) & eircom talktime anytime - Bundle price €54.99 (inc VAT)
    eircom broadband home starter (1MB) & eircom talktime afterhours - Bundle price €49.99 (inc VAT)
    eircom broadband home plus (2MB) & eircom talktime anytime - Bundle price €59.99 (inc VAT)
    eircom broadband home plus (2MB) & eircom talktime afterhours - Bundle price €54.99 (inc VAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

somnium wrote:
    I don't really fancy going back to the days of paying almost €50 for line rental and another €45 or so for a broadband subscription.
    There are a few non Eircom based providers - NTL, ClearWire, DigiWeb, etc. I'm with DigiWeb and have had no problems - depends on what you are using it for I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 somnium

Nope. You've got to pay line rental on top of that. I'm on the 2MB package at the moment and it costs me about 52 euro monthly including line rental.

So, two seperate costs?

Their BB package which is €49 per month (3mb) and line rental which, based upon the time I left them, was something like €27 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Current line rental with eircom is €24.18 per month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are Smart available in your area?
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

I've got 2MB service with Eircom, including talktime evenings/weekends package for 54.99€ this included VAT and line-rental.

Advertisement