Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Gamertag

• 22-03-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Was it your first choice... Pretty simple question.

I wanted Maleficent, and, given the option, would change in a heart-beat but it's taken...

Was anybody elses taken too?

Just a curiosity. :D

Was your Gamertag your first choice? 48 votes

Ya, it's exactly what I wanted
    0%
    I had to make a minor adjustment
    45%
    vasch_roStokolankonekomiseHelixRobertFostergod's toyRonanlaforstoxofSmellyirishmanmcgovernntlbellrobinphstev2604pp_me129johnny_ultimatecollie1Sm0keciano1 22 votes
    My second choice
    29%
    ClovercravianGrayareaStephen PCiaran500bravClankJulezgrizzlyF-StopMr. Kdonal_deadlyBlackdragonhanton12 14 votes
    It wasn't even my 2nd or 3rd choice
    8%
    wesKenny_DHail 2 Da ChimpFranchisePlayer 4 votes
    Atari Jaguar-tag
    16%
    Timmymik_da_manBrianb8802mloc123VegetaNiSmOBurning EclipseTechnoFreek 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Nope, got the one I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

My second choice
    There appears to be another "Grayarea" out there so I just adjusted it abit.

Later,

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Got the one I wanted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The one I wanted (DarkJager) was suprisingly already taken.....so I got something a bit more vicious and intimidating : Dreamkiller85

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

I used a random gamertag generator online and just slapped it in. Using it for my ps3 network name now too!

[EDIT] The meaning behind your choice of gamertag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Atari Jaguar-tag
    I got so fed up of entering names I used an old address! now i get the impression people think im french..... Get called "casst" all the time!!!!

couldnt be arsed changing it now (but MS could probably do with some housekeeping on gamertags that havent been used in years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

strangly enough "Penos" wasnt taken :p

been using it for years in all games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Grayarea wrote:
    There appears to be another "Grayarea" out there so I just adjusted it abit.

Later,

Has your username got anything to do with a small coffee shop in amsterdam by any chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Atari Jaguar-tag
    Wanted Vegeta, Goku, Trunks or any other DBZ character but no dice grandma

I think I killed some guy called Vegeta about 19 times in RSV last night!! Just for you buddy!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Atari Jaguar-tag
    DarkJager wrote:
    I think I killed some guy called Vegeta about 19 times in RSV last night!! Just for you buddy!! ;)

Thanks man, fecker taking my gamertag, who does he think he is???

Well he certainly isn't worth the steam off my piss at RSV!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pretty much my first choice, but I got it ages ago (before the 360).

I sorta prefer my second choice now, and that's still available, so I might change to it at some point. My shorter third choice is still available too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

It wasn't even my 2nd or 3rd choice
    Nah I had to go with some animal I either wanted Laguna or Franchise Player both taken bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

Atari Jaguar-tag
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Atari Jaguar-tag
    I was very sleepy signing up and am now stuck with mlol instead of mloc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I got my original but registered it online before I got Live so nobody could take it. Little did I know at that stage you couldn't use the free trial with an existing account. Anyway, so I signed up with a new one which was never going to be a problem either because nobody uses it.

So, Pauliedinho (registered but no Live account). Eiresol second choice with Live account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

My second choice
    SuperSean was my first choice, it was unavailable. So I added Evil to the start, aren't I clever? Lots of people refer to me as "Evil". Others still refer to me as "EvilSuperSheen"...idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I doubt NekkidBibleMan was taken, but I wanted Brendanger, and ended up with Brendangerous - for that extra menace. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got mine when I signed up for Live with the original xbox and was the one I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Johnny Ultimate is my all around internet name. No trouble at all getting it for Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wanted Slurmseh, got Slurms McK.

Not too far off but still...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I use kearnsr for everything.

Had it signed up with the first xbox. No peoblems getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Got mine first time. It was a name of a chracter I created for a short story in College: Syrus Vocah. I get called Serious Voka most of the time though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

My second choice
    I just watched Gladiator so I went for Maximus, taken.Moronic was taken too, so I stuck 'em together.
    Ive met a couple of other Maximuses; CannibusMaximus, JoeMaximus and a few others I never added.

Advertisement