Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advertising space in airports / back of reciepts etc

• 22-03-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

hello, just looking at some advertising companies to run an offline ad campaign. I checked out a website with a list of advertising agencies and some of the services these companies offer are (i wont mention companies):

-advertising on the back of reciepts from well known large supermarkets
    -running ads in washrooms in airports, colleges,
    -running ads in shopping centres on lcd screens or posters

how does this work.

Are they working on behalf of the companies where they place the ad,
    or do the shops/locations out source their physical ad space where the advert company pay a set fee, then make what they can from that space?

eg media_now will place an ad in an airport for 10k pa

how can media_now place ur add in the airport?

eg media_now will place an ad on a wall of a shopping centre

how can media_now place ur add in the wall?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 okellyc

"or do the shops/locations out source their physical ad space where the advert company pay a set fee, then make what they can from that space?"

Yes, that's exactly what they do. Pay for the site, access or privilege and then sell this on in time-limited slots to advertisers. The slots are generally in 2 week "cycles", denoted by year/cycle, e.g. 2007/10 for the 20th-21st weeks of 2007. One calendar year consists of 26 cycles.

The slots are either sold directly to the end user by the site manager (Viacom, Titan, JCDecaux for instance) or more usually through a booking agency intermediary such as PML.ie or Posterplan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭daenis

There's a great site that gives you all that infromation and the companies that do each type of advertising

www.medialive.ie

If that's any help. It should be in the 'other media' section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

thanks for the feedback guys....medialive was the website and 'other media' was section i was refering to in original post. I waas looking at ways to advertise a business but now i find to advertising business itself fascinating

Advertisement